Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Endometrial Ablation fail - Help Please.  (Read 1363 times)

shally0318

Endometrial Ablation fail - Help Please.
« on: August 05, 2019, 04:42:21 PM »

To cut a long story short, Mirena expelled itself had very heavy bleed/clots had to have an Endometrial Ablation 27/6 don't think it has worked as having more very heavy bleeds and blood clots. Waiting for hospital appointment but consultant on holiday. She told me it probably would not work as I have a few fibroids that are causing the bleeds but to try this first before hysterectomy.
Was on sandrena and utrogesten but utrog was not agreeing with me so she put me on Femeston 1/10. I loved the sandrena it evened out my mood and got rid of the cotton wool brain. I am back to square one on femeston feel on edge and can't think straight/concentrate.
I have got a box of Sandrena gel 1mg sachets, can I apply one daily with femeston to help me feel better until I get back to hospital?
I think a hysterectomy is on the cards as can't cope with these bleeds anymore.

shally0318

Re: Endometrial Ablation fail - Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 04:44:42 PM »

Been on femeston for 3 months

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »

Hi shally,had an ablation too,many moons ago but didn't work for me either,big fibroids,so I had a hysterectomy,they left ovaries though which means I didn't go into meno at a hundred miles an hour.The hysterectomy was done vaginally which meant minimum invasion,was up and about on my feet in a couple of days,really was the best thing I ever did.
Good luck on what you decide 😊

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 08:19:40 PM »

Hi Shally0318
I was / still am on femoston conti, and I tried adding Sandrena to the Femoston, and at first it was great, I had more energy than I'd ever had, really felt good on it...then the bleeding started. Soo bad, the pains were terrible....had test done, everything ok, so put it down to the extra oestrogen and not enough prog....
Won't go there again.....just telling you to be careful, if your not getting the balance right, it'll make you bleed....xxxx