Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help.  (Read 636 times)

Gillc

• First Flush
Help.
« on: August 05, 2019, 03:47:00 PM »

Hello there, it's been a very long time since I've visited. If this is moved to another, more appropriate thread, or deleted, that's fine and sorry in advance.
I don't really know where to start. I've been going through the menopause for some 10 years and I've been on various different types of HRT during that time, mainly for night sweats. I've just changed from Tridestra on to Femoston Conti (think my GP is now at her wits end and running out of options!)
I thought that symptoms might start getting better, the older I got (I'm 54 this year) but they just seem to be getting worse. To the point where I actually hate myself and the way I'm feeling and what I've become. I feel fat, ugly, permanently hormonal (either in a rage, or tearful to the point of sobbing uncontrollably) frightened and anxious. I'm very argumentative, even when there's nothing really to argue about. I hurt. My bones ache. I get rashes up my arms, that itch to the point where I could rip my skin. I have shocking nightmares. Night sweats. All, according to my GP, possibly menopause related? There's endless symptoms.
I don't even know why I've written all this on here? To get it off my chest? To ask if there is anyone else who is feeling the same way? I feel so totally alone. I can't really speak to my husband - he's a bloke! And my elderly mum (who lives with us and I care for) is so wrapped up in her own health issues there's no point in talking to her. I've become a bit of a loaner - avoiding friends due to the way I'm feeling. I actually don't recognise myself anymore and, if I don't like myself, how will anyone else like me.
Sorry for rambling. And sorry again.

Erinne

Re: Help.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 06:38:39 PM »

Hi Gillc, so sorry you are having such a rotten time. Like you I posted in 'Forum Guide' when I should have posted in 'All Things Menopause '. If you post in that section instead, (as I'm about to do) hopefully you'll get some helpful advice.
I'm no expert, but it does sound from your post as if you're not getting enough oestrogen, and/or it could be that the synthetic progesterone in Tridestra and Femoston Conti is adversely affecting you. What dose of Femoston Conti are you on? If you've just started taking it then it could be that you have to give it time to settle in your system and it will start to help, but if it doesn't in time and you're on a low dose, you may benefit from a higher dose. If not, then you could try taking oestrogen and separately as many women do. The oestrogen as a gel, Oestrogel or Sandrena, or as a patch, and the progesterone as Utrogestan or perhaps Provera, (please don't let my post about the latter two put you off, particularly about Utrogestan, it may suit you very well!). Really hope things get better for you. Keep posting and asking questions and hopefully you'll find an HRT regime that works for you.
Erinne x

Lucyjo

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 02:08:42 PM »

Hi Gillc, I'm afraid I can't offer any advice but just wanted you to know that I feel exactly the same! I am also caring for an elderly mother with dementia and numerous other health problems. I usually just don't want to ever wake up when I go to bed. My GP sounds similar to yours, he offered me two different sorts of hrt - then said there was a supply problem and they couldn't get them, so said go back on the patches he took me off in February!!! I avoid every social event I can and feel like I'm just waiting to die! I feel no enjoyment in anything and just feel totally fed up. I hope that I haven't depressed you even more & sorry if I have, but I wanted you to know others feel rubbish also xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »

Yep.  It's HORMONES  >:(

As oestrogen levels drop off the body may become dry: inside and out - skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina, between the toes, scalp and the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Maybe decide which symptom you would like to ease first, then jot it into the search box.  We talk about most things!