Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot 50mg Patches Side Effects  (Read 1128 times)

Tracey E

Estradot 50mg Patches Side Effects
« on: August 05, 2019, 07:49:06 AM »

I only started on these patches on Saturday and already suffering from palpitations. Feeling a tad jittery and anxious too, had to get up four times for a pee last night. Is this normal?  :-\

Hurdity

Re: Estradot 50mg Patches Side Effects
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 06:23:09 PM »

Hi Tracey E

Sorry to hear about your symptoms - I see you've just transferred from 2 pumps estrogel so depending on how you are absorbing it could be a reduction or an increase causing the first group of side effects? They are supposed to be approx equivalent doses but of course we vary in how well we absorb using each method so impossible to tell in your case. The only way is to keep on with it and see how you feel.

Getting up for a pee several times in the night won't be due to changing to the patch! It's all estradiol the same hormone. When on the progesterone phase of my HRT and go from sleeping through ( as I get so tired) to having to get up twice, but I've never had any side effects from Estradot patches. Prolonged oestrogen deficiency can cause changes to the bladder as part of VA but not in two days - and anyway you are still taking oestrogen!

Therefore any of the other side effects (jittery etc) are either coincidental, or due to anxiety as you've changed your regime, or a reduction in oestrogen or an increase!

Palpitations in menopause can be a sign of low oestrogen but I doubt you would experience this so quickly if it is only two days!

Hang in there, try to relax, and you should know within a couple of weeks if this new method and the dose is suiting you - and do let us know :)

Hurdity x

Tracey E

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »

I was thinking if maybe cutting a patch in half to see how I go, I had the same problem with other HRT patches. Estrogel is the only one that hasn't caused any palps. Maybe I'm asorbing too much Estrogen and this is the reaction Hurdity... :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 06:49:40 PM »

Why are you changing from Estrogel if it suits you? Yes cutting patches in half is a way to ease in to a new type although if youve been on oestrogen for a while it's not as if starting from scratch. Maybe you are ultra-sensitive?

Hurdity x

Tracey E

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:06:25 PM »

Mainly because of the hair loss Hurdity but tbh I may have to grin and bare that one side effect. X

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 07:09:09 PM »

Oh dear! I wouldn't have thought a change in oestrogen delivery method would affect hair loss as it's still oestrogen - although the dose may well have an effect - a higher dose I imagine is more protective ie more oestrogen is better - ie more like in our younger fertile days. Some of the progestogens cause hair loss though - some more than others....

Good luck anyway....

Hurdity x