Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is feeling drowsy normal?  (Read 679 times)

Sleepy123

Is feeling drowsy normal?
« on: August 03, 2019, 10:29:52 AM »

Apart from no periods and lack of energy my menopause symptoms haven't been too bad.
I have been using HRT patches for about 6 weeks. I seem to be sleeping ok (mostly), but during the day I just have this slightly drowsy feeling. Is this normal?  I have cut down to using a quarter patch.   :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is feeling drowsy normal?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 10:37:34 AM »

Morning!  I feel drowsy in the morning due to being on anti-depressant medication and a beta-blocka.  Do you take anything else?

How is your diet overall?  Are you hydrated as if the body requires liquids it may be weary. 

Which patches have you been prescribed?  When was your last period?   Maybe put the product name into the search box and see what pops up.  Makes notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 11:37:59 AM »

I get tired on progesterone (utrogeston). Are you on a conti or sequi regime? If you take prog continuously it might be worth trying it cyclically so you can see if it's the progesterone that's causing it.

Sleepy123

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 12:40:02 PM »

I am on Evorel sequi/conti.
I am generally quite fit and well, diet is good, don't take any other meds.
I haven't really had a period for about 18 months, apart from a small bleed in January.
I started HRT because I was actually sleeping too much!  :o
Since starting HRT I am generally sleeping better and waking at a normal time, but just can't shake this general drowsy feeling?

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 04:24:21 PM »

Maybe ask for a blood test for vitamin d and iron levels to rule out anaemia and vit d deficiency, both could cause these symptoms.