Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New and overwhelmed  (Read 1141 times)

Fe68

New and overwhelmed
« on: August 02, 2019, 07:39:01 PM »

Hi. I'm new to the site and new to using any kind of forum so apologies if I make any stupid mistakes. The website looks great for information but I've still s lot to look through. Just wanted to talk to real people going through the same cos sometimes i am doubting my sanity! I'm 51 and think I'm menopausal. I've had some symptoms for past couple of years but seem to be worse last 6 months. It's the psychological side that is worst for me. Mood swings from nowhere and I hate myself for the effect it has on others. I'm waiting for a referral to clinic. Hope to get to know some of you in time. x

Funny_tern

• First Flush
Re: New and overwhelmed
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 08:39:29 PM »

Hello Fe68, welcome! I too am new to the forum. There are certainly plenty of women here who are very supportive and there is a wealth of experience. I hope you get the answers you need to get you through this. ❤️
Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 09:58:53 PM »

Join in - we don't bite  ;)

:welcomemm:

Make a list of symptoms and decide which you would like to ease first.  If you type into the search box any symptom something is likely to pop up!  We talk about most things, nowt is taboo.

Makes notes. 

Jari

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 05:51:16 AM »

Hi and welcome!

We get these annoying symptoms because of the fluctuating hormones at this time, as our estrogen drops. It takes time to rebalance again, but it really helps if you're taking regular exercise, eating a good balanced diet and taking good supplements.

Are you still having periods? Have you had many months of none?
This will give you an idea of where you are in your menopause. X

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 08:40:07 AM »

welcome fe68. Great forum & website lots of helpful information, makes you realise you are not alone as it can feel like that sometimes.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 09:26:48 AM »

Hi fe68 and welcome,don't worry about making mistakes,trial and error and all that.
When I started getting symptoms, I thought,hey,this meno is a dawdle but like you,things started to get worse as the months rolled on but now things are easing,although I'm still stuck with the sweats and flushes,some days worse than others but I can live with that,hope you find the site informative and that we can help,ask away about anything,there will always be one of us able to help x