Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Fibroids, polyps & HRT?  (Read 918 times)

Dee46

Fibroids, polyps & HRT?
« on: August 02, 2019, 07:29:16 AM »

I had a pelvic scan yesterday & was informed that I have fibroids or polyps, this may explain why the coil didn't work for me & why I have been having horrendous cramping, backache & heavy bleeding.
I have read that HRT fuels fibroids & polyps & now thinking I will be told to come off HRT when I go for my hysteroscopy appointment.
Has anyone else had a problem with these whilst on HRT?
My main symptoms are the anxiety, feel like I am losing control & going crazy even on HRT…….

westie

Re: Fibroids, polyps & HRT?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 11:20:25 AM »

Hi Dee

I found this which might be useful info

https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/menopause/fibroids-and-the-menopause

W x

Dee46

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 11:32:19 AM »

Thank you westie for the link below it is very useful.

I was worried that my HRT is making them worse, I had a scan 3 years ago around the time I went on HRT & they were not detected then so I started to think HRT has made them & my periods worse & should come off & see what my own body is doing.

GP fitted mirena back in May & it was not fitted properly so 9 weeks of continuous bleeding & clotting, no longer have coil & have to go back on utrogestan until I get a hysteroscopy appointment.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 02:33:52 PM »

Hello Dee

I realise that everyone accepts that HRT feeds fibroids but my experience has been different.

I had heavy periods with clots during my late forties and when they occurred twice in one month  I went to my GP. A scan revealed a small fibroid and I was given noresthisterone to reduce the bleeding but it never really worked.   I worried that the fibroid meant I couldn't have HRT but it wasn't a problem. When I had been on HRT for a few years I had a hysteroscopy to investigate bleeding and the fibroid had disappeared. In other words my fibroid didn't grow and infact shrunk even on HRT.

I hope this helps you in some way.

Wishing you well.

K.