Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice on oestradiol blood test please  (Read 2603 times)

Tc

Re: Advice on oestradiol blood test please
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 11:45:40 PM »

Jenny. I've been referred for an implant. It's been a year on gel and patches . Too long by far. But my gynae was reluctant with pill as I'm a overweight smoker.
How are you getting on with it?

jennyr265

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 09:23:24 AM »

Hi Tc
I was just reading your other thread and about to post on it - i do feel for you as I'm in the same boat.
So I'm almost two weeks on Elleste solo 1 mg. The only change I have noticed is an increase in normal vaginal discharge which is exactly what I had with the gel. I have 3 months worth of tablets so halfway through i am going to have another blood test to check my estradiol level.
I'm wondering now if my other issues are actually caused by something else! The menopause consultant thinks i have mast cell activation syndrome or histamine intolerance at the very least. She thinks that the menopause has exacerbated it and is causing my rhinitis, nasal congestion and general ill health. I have always had allergies since I was a child but they were manageable until I hit the menopause. So I'm seeing a dietician tomorrow and presumably i will have to follow a low histamine diet.
I have been prescribed Ranitidine and Fexofenadine (twice a day) which I took for the first week but they made me feel like a zombie so I have cut them down to once a day and certainly the sneezing and itching has decreased.
And I had a glass of red wine on Friday evening to test her theory and I had absolutely dreadful nasal congestion within the hour so maybe she is correct. To be honest I am so fed up that I will try anything to feel better.
I hope that you get some help at the clinic- do hang on. It's not too long now. What are your worst symptoms? Take care

Tc

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 07:29:26 PM »

Hiya Jenny.
How did you get on with the dietician?
Have you tried the neilmed products, sinus nasal washes?  I find if i use regularly each day it helps a lot. Must admit  ive got out of the routine of using it the last year though. Also this summer I used the sterimar natural allergy relief which I found good. My usual antihistamine was drying me out too much.

Thank you for your good wishes.

You are going to wish you had' t asked about my symptoms😁 it's a combination of causes I've come to realise after a year of trying to unravel it all. 
Classic Low E symptoms , anxiety, depression, VA, , insomnia, dry skin and eyes , aches and pains etc but then there is the progesterone. Which  seem to have an extreme reaction and I feel even worse on. Migraines, extreme fatigue, worsened depression and it seems to affect my blood sugar levels so I get shakiness .
All this was  virtually instant with my sudden menopause except the joint pains which have taken longer to emerge.

Thank you for your reply. I hope you get some relief from your allergies. I know from experience with sinus issues how congestion can affect your sleep. So that probably isnt helping you especially as meno affects sleep so much.anyway Xxxxx
Pages: 1 [2]