Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi Oestrogel and Mirena new member  (Read 1333 times)

Graciemouse

Hi Oestrogel and Mirena new member
« on: July 31, 2019, 09:04:30 AM »

Hello
I had a mirena fitted a few weeks ago and started Oestrogel

Initially I did one pump of gel but upped it to 2 pumps (split) when my hot flushes came back with a massive vengeance (I'd been on elleste duet 1mg up until the day of my coil fitting) Perhaps in hindsight I was too quick to up the dose but I was dripping wet and I felt the drop from 1mg tablet to .75mg gel was the reason. So I'm now on 1.5mg a day.

The sweats have virtually stopped so I feel I did the right thing .... but I'm bleeding quite heavily on and off now  :-\

Is this bleeding due to the oestrogen gel or due to my mirena? I'm scared to come back down to one pump a day - i can't decide what's worse ..... bleeding because the gel is too high a dose or sweating like a pig??  ;D

If the consensus is the bleeding is due to the mirena then I'll stick to what I'm doing and hope that it subsides soon.

One more question.... seeing the doctor later - if I get more oestrogel - does EACH bottle of gel cost a prescription of £9? Or is it just the prescription costing that regardless of how many bottles I'm given? If it's the latter surely a 3 month amount is worth asking for?

Sorry ladies.....questions questions xx

Tinkerbell

Re: Hi Oestrogel and Mirena new member
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 09:22:06 AM »

I get two bottles of Estrogel per prescription, but that only last six weeks as I use three pumps a day.
How long ago did you have Mirena fitted?

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »

Hi bleeding can be expected din first 6 months of starting any new hrt so I think you just need to give your body time to settle.

I get 6 bottles of Oestrogel for one prescription charge.  That lasts me 3 months x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 09:32:46 AM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes  ;)

Graciemouse

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 05:31:18 PM »

Thanks Ladies.
Saw the Dr today and she says the heavy bleeding is due to the mirena. I only had it fitted 3 weeks ago so fingers crossed it'll settle soon.
Got given a prescription for just one more bottle and I'll continue with the two pumps a day = 1.5 mg a day. Half way through that bottle I just need to write a letter and hand it in to reception to request another 3 bottles after that. Hopefully the bleeding will have subsided by then. Thanks all x