Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vagifem not dissolving  (Read 7571 times)

GrannyAli

• First Flush
Vagifem not dissolving
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »

Does anyone find Vagifem sometimes doesn't dissolve? Any ideas why or any tips to help please?

Dierdre

Re: Vagifem not dissolving
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 10:02:32 PM »

I had this problem when very dry in the early days of starting vagifem, try using YES moisturiser a couple of hours before insertion. It helps to use moisturiser every day anyway, YES and Sylk products are very popular.

Gracie65

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 08:44:24 AM »

Hi There,

I don't think I have. How do you know once it is inserted?

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 10:01:18 AM »

The Vagifem dropped out still dry a couple of times with me, its supposed to stick to the vaginal wall and then dissolve. I suppose there has to be a certain amount of moisture for it to attach and then dissolve. If it dont come out then assume it's ok  :)

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »

Yes - have had the same problem when the internal area is not moist enough for it to attach & dissolve.  Sometimes gets expelled intact the next morning in the loo (once 36 hours later  :o).  As Deirdre says, try applying with a little moisturiser - Menopause clinic advised me to do this.  I use Yes WB.

GrannyAli

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 10:07:46 PM »

Thank you everyone. I have some YES VM so I'll try using it more frequently.

Wrensong

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 09:18:40 AM »

GrannyAli - I know some other women here get on well with Yes VM & if you are already using it I imagine you find it helps, but just to say I had it on prescription for a while & it made my VA worse to the extent I had to stop using it.  Felt even more inflamed & raw, worsening the burning.  I seem to remember a few other posters reported the same, but can't recall the thread.  I am OK with Yes WB though it is so runny I find it messy to use.  Sylk is another I can tolerate - as already mentioned on this thread.  Please let us know whether you manage to solve the Vagifem adherence problem.  Ovestin/Estriol may be a more suitable alternative if you haven't tried those.  I hope you soon feel better.
Wx

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 05:32:28 PM »

Yes....I thought it was just me....I was told to apply a small amt of moisturizer on the tip of the pessary as too dry and Vagifem needs moisture to dissolve.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't.  I want my vagina GONE. 

Wrensong

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 06:03:24 PM »

Hi Whatsup, have you tried the internal Estriol cream (with applicator) if Vagifem is causing you probs?

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »

Well wrensong that is a whole different issue.  I have Estragyn cream but due to the fact I am severe dang applicator is difficult to insert so back to Vagifem.  I think I actually prefer cream as seemed much better.  Think I am going back to the cream. 

Dierdre

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 09:56:50 AM »

Try applying  a pea sized amount of the cream with a clean finger first,  inside and around outside and then try it with the applicator, it should be easier.

Wrensong

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 11:00:50 AM »

Hi Whatsup - sorry if I misunderstand, but if by severe you mean shrinkage making insertion of applicators difficult, have you seen a gynae or meno clinic about this who can advise how to tackle it - including perhaps use of dilators?  If you mean simply too sore to insert, that is a problem, I agree, but again I think you need medical advice.  Apologies if you'e been there & are banging your head off a brick wall - a bit out of touch with the forum as no time to read thoroughly recently.
Wx

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »

Thx. Ladies for you advice.  Wrensong...both sore and very tight.  I have been doing the pea sized cream on finger.  Dr. suggested lubricant on applicator.  I think the Vagifem has caused sores inside...doesn't agree with me I guess.  Going back to GP end of August and beg her for the patch.  She has refused due to my age and I only have vag issues.  So sick of all this.  Just want to be normal again.

Wrensong

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 04:06:50 PM »

Oh Whatsup - I'm so sorry you are so very uncomfortable & have been refused systemic HRT.   I take it when you say due to age you are 60+? 

Some women do require full HRT to manage VA, as I'm sure you already know if you've read around the forum or posted elsewhere on this site (as I think I saw).  I'm one of them.  I need Vagifem 5 nights a week, with the weak (0.01%) Estriol cream applied externally, as well as systemic HRT.  This helps prevent UTIs as well as treating what can amount to intense discomfort in the entire genito-urinary tract, as well as the physical atrophy.  I hope someone has already pointed you to the Burning Club thread & MaryJane's excellent posts.

I do apply a tiny bit of Yes WB to end of Vagifem applicator, but simply to help it stick & dissolve - no probs inserting, luckily for me. 

Would you maybe consider asking GP to refer you to a gynae with special interest in vulvovaginal health or a meno clinic?  Are you anywhere near Newson Health (Stratford on Avon) btw?  I realise not everyone has the means to go private but they seem to be building a good reputation.  End of August is a long time to wait to see your GP.  I am  sorry - don't know what else to suggest to help you in the meantime.
Wx

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 07:23:23 PM »

Thx. wrensong for your support.  I am 68 with very high blood pressure so GP says 'no way' for patch.  I just have to persevere.  My GP is actually with the Meno clinic so she knows what is up.  I'm Canadian so we don't have Ovestin or Estroil but according to several experts, Estragyn is a good product.  Personally I think the Vagifem is causing more harm then good and may not be for me.  I have NEVER even had a yeast infection!   Never had ANY problems with meno until I hit 68.  I want my vagina GONE!
Pages: [1] 2