Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Been given Oestrodose, not Estrogel & not feeling as good.  (Read 17050 times)

babyjane

Re: Been given Oestrodose, not Estrogel & not feeling as good.
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2017, 02:49:53 PM »

I second these comments.  I have my thyroid medication brand specific on my repeat prescription as chopping and changing the brand causes instability in my blood levels.

Kkay

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2017, 11:36:39 PM »

Hello everyone,

I realise this thread has gotten a bit cold - but was there ever a conclusion as to where one can get Estrogel rather than Oestrodose?

Conolly

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2018, 08:21:12 PM »

Bumping for Donna-paul.

Conolly X

Donna-paul

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2018, 08:28:14 PM »

Omg I've had major set back even my family noticed panic attack and aniexty as well as awful migraine it was like I wasn't taken anything again. Skin all itchy as well. I be watching this space. Thank you Conolly and hurdity for your input. Just hope this bad head goes soon also my blood pressure has shot up always normal?

JayJay

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2019, 05:15:34 PM »

Hi to everyone
I have been a member here for several years, but this is my first post.
Been given the Oestrodose, instead of OESTROGEL, and have similar symptoms reported earlier in this thread.
Is any further information available, as my local Boots says they cannot obtain OestroGEL and they are blaming Brexit . . .
Apparently this is true.
JayJay

Dotty

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »

Try another pharmacy. A different pharmacy may have different suppliers x

Donna-paul

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2019, 07:34:15 PM »

My pharmacist at first said he couldn't and when I just became unwell on oestrodose he rang the manufacturer and said there is something different. He now gets me estrogel I also filled in the yellow card what someone recommended. Although someone said the menopause dr said they are the same to me she said it was weaker version.

allie007

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2019, 07:44:21 PM »

I was given Oestodose instead of Estrogel last year. Didn't get on with it at all, made me nauseous and got awful migraines. Within days of changing back to Eatrogel I felt well again x

JayJay

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »

Hi
Thank you for your responses.
It is so good to know that I am not alone.  I was beginning to think I could add delusional paranoia to my list of meno symptoms!
This forum has been enormously helpful since I first joined three years ago.  At that time, I had been off the oral contraceptive pill for six months, and despite being, as I thought, very prepared for it, was experiencing some very unpleasant symptoms.
My joint pain was so bad that my GP (empathetic woman, little younger than me) wanted me to have an X-Ray.
Why?
'So that we can put you down for a hip replacement).  Oh, no.  I don't think so !
It was at this point that I joint this forum, and had a consultation with Dr Curie. The best money I have spent in years, IMHO.
Since then, apart from the usual ups and downs, I have not been too bad.
I am on the same regime as Hurdity (I think), but this Estrodose has been bad news.
Will take your advice and try to get a new prescription for the OEstrogel, and let you know how it goes.
Once again, my thanks.
Jay

JayJay

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2019, 09:04:47 AM »

Hi
I have been able to order a prescription for the GEL, which I will collect from the Dr's later.
What could possibly go wrong ?!
Jay

JayJay

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2019, 01:11:30 PM »

Hello !
An update -
Collected prescription but did not state actual GEL, so took it to Boots and they said they would see what they could do.
This morning, they phoned to say they had received the parallel import (DOSE) as they could not get the GEL, so I have asked them to keep trying.
The programme with Mariella Frostrup has obviously raised awareness of this regime.
Will keep you posted
Jay

JayJay

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2019, 02:52:50 PM »

Hello
A few days into the OESTROGEL, and much improvement on thr Dose version.
Symptoms are more stable, and less spikes.
I may be fanciful, but hey - if it works for me, then I will stick to the gel version.
Just hope Brexit does not cause any more supply probs . . .
Jay

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »

Tnx for the update!   Maybe keep a diary?

JayJay

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2019, 10:20:41 AM »

Hello
Thank you for your reply.
Sad, I know, but I do keep quite a detailed journal of my medication / vits / exercise / Dr visits and conversations.
Actually, it is a very valuable tool because you always think you will remember things, but it is surprising how events melt into each other over time.
Same applies to writing down food intake in a diary, a habit which I acquired in the 1970's when I first joined Weight Watchers.  Blimey - what a shock to count up the cals / points / whatever at the end of the day ! 
(And yes, booze does count)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]