Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT or not  (Read 1165 times)

Peachling

HRT or not
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:14:44 PM »

I have a window of about 7-10 days of joint pains & stiffness low bad mood when I feel the world is going to end.... then it all lifts and I'm back to me again give or take abit of joint stiffness. Is it worth being on HRT??

Hurdity

Re: HRT or not
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 07:46:30 AM »

Hi Peachling - I answered your other post a while back? If you are properly peri-menopausal - ie variable cycle length ( varies by eg a week or more between cycles) and you are getting menopausal symptoms then HRT may well help. Usually the classic symptoms of flushes and sweats are the first signal that things are going awry although there are many many other symptoms like you say - joint pains etc. Low bad mood sounds like classic pms - and if due to progesterone withdrawal then this may continue for a while. However any symptoms due to low or falling oestrogen may well be helped by HRT since the oestrogen can't fall quite so far - as you take a constant dose each day.

Some other medications than HRT which women take for some other medical conditions, can also suupress hot flushes, so if you are taking other meds, depending what they are - you may not get the classic symptoms of flushes and sweats to alert you to falling oestrogen and then other symptoms will be more noticeable.

Hope that doesn't sound too garbled and whatever you decide works for you!

Hurdity x

Jari

Re: HRT or not
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 08:33:16 AM »

Hi Peachling,

My view is that it's best to avoid hrt if your symptoms aren't too bad. Many women don't have too much trouble with their menopause, but if you start on hrt it will just mask what's going on, so, you won't know.

Seeing this phase through naturally is the best way imo. It's best to have a good balanced diet, exercise and take good supplements to support your diet.

If you can achieve this it will keep your hormones balanced.