Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Up to date info on hrt shortages  (Read 4280 times)

Ladybt28

Re: Up to date info on hrt shortages
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 04:14:17 PM »

Nice one Dotty!  :)

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 04:19:04 PM »

It was posted on a menopause Facebook site that I'm a member of 😄

Foxylady

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 05:29:22 PM »

Much appreciated Dotty, thanks.

Countrygirl

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 05:56:55 PM »

Thank you Dotty, does anyone know when Jansen say evorel patches are going out of stock do they mean forever or just a limited time x

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 05:58:03 PM »

https://www.mims.co.uk/hrt-shortages-set-continue-manufacturers-confirm/womens-health/article/1591302?fbclid=IwAR0H0fDPXx50jBZV2FZBYEn3gHl_IRHSdzL98d5-3gEdH9SW5KpbF3WD8aQ

up to date info on hrt shortages.

It claims that shortages of Evorel patches are expected to start in September but they already have. It is impossible to get Evorel Conti now.

Perinowpost

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 06:03:46 PM »

Noooo, not evorel!x

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 06:37:57 PM »

Noooo, not evorel!x
I have just checked the Superdrug online order and they have none left. pretty expensive there. 1 box of 24 is £75.00

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 02:46:40 PM »

Thank you Dotty, does anyone know when Jansen say evorel patches are going out of stock do they mean forever or just a limited time x

Someone on FB has just told me that she currently has no problems with getting Evorel Conti in Scotland! I suggested that perhaps the demand is lower there and the pharmacies still have some stock.

Lizzie06

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 05:22:29 PM »

I've just requested a repeat prescription for Evorel conti, if I can't find any does anyone know what the alternative would be?

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »

I've just requested a repeat prescription for Evorel conti, if I can't find any does anyone know what the alternative would be?
Unfortunately the closest equivalent is Femseven Conti which is also unavailable for manufacturing reasons. I asked the meno consultant the same question.  He immediately said Femseven and was very surprised when I told him this. Please let me know if you manage to get any Evorel Conti. I have enough to last me until approx October.

vickypk

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 06:51:27 PM »

I put in a prescription for Evorel conti last week and my pharmacist said he can't get hold of any. I phoned the manufacturers this morning Janssen and they said if the pharmacist gets in touch with them and has my prescription they will supply them. They said the reason for the shortage is high demand

Wrensong

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 07:12:29 PM »

Unable to get my Estradot for first time ever today.  Pharmacy even declined to take script when I said I could wait a few days.  Said no Estradot in any strength available.  End of.  I only have 10 days' worth left as scripts only being issue for a month at a time.  Seem to absorb poorly from gel so that's not an option!  Looks like cold turkey on the menu!  Noooooo!  Only just gone back on HRT too.

vickypk

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 07:23:30 PM »

Isn't it terrible we can't get HRT. We shouldn't have to go through this. I just put a post up saying I spoke to manufacturers today. They said they will supply if my pharmacist has prescription and he speaks to them. See what happens
Pages: [1] 2