Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestin question  (Read 749 times)

AndieM

Utrogestin question
« on: July 30, 2019, 06:33:29 PM »

Hi..
May be a stupid question but I'm on the second month of Oestrogel/ Utrogestin, I'm peri and on day 25 of 12-26 cycle, started my period yesterday, do I need to take the Utrogestin the next two days as I presume that my own cycle has kicked in or will 10 days be enough.
I was still having quite regular periods beforehand so concerned that each month they will kick in earlier and earlier as I didn't have a 28 cycle before, also seem to be much heavier this month and quite a lot of clots, sorry TMI!
Apart from that it's been brilliant with most of my symptoms gone and I actually like the progesterone phase :)

juliemargaret

Re: Utrogestin question
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 06:53:00 PM »

Hi Andi - i love that youre feeking ok. Im.also same as u....peri and just on 3 months of hrt...but im on alternate day vaginal utrogestan at 100mg. And 2 pumps estrogel.

If you look at the estrogel/utrogestan support group thread you will see a lot of great info....thelast few pages of thread (pages 122- 126 you may see my posts). To keep a log tale short...i was debating trying a cycle like you...as being peri....and not really feeling much different at all..and was.going to do days 15 - 26 at 100mg utro...but bit scared...

May i ask more about how you are finding the utro cycle? Are you taking 100mg or 200mg? Any side effects? What about estrogen?

Im.not sure about the answer tonyour question...but if yoire bleeding id say ots done its job and the 10 days would be fine...i would just stop and re stsrt as normal on day 15

Hope to connect x

AndieM

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 07:11:30 PM »

Hi Jmargaret,
I'm 48 and had been having symptoms for two years, had hot flushes, night sweats, very emotional, crying all the time and don't get me on the brain fog and clumsiness!!!
I started on 2 pumps of Estrogel but had quite intense anxiety, dropped down to 1 pump and was fine, also had v tender breast which high strength evening primrose oil twice a day sorted.
Regarding the Utrogestin, I take 200mg orally day15-26 and actually feel better on the progesterone phase.
I've now gone up to 11/2 pumps of Oestrogel after my first cycle as felt some of my symptoms were coming back.
For me HRT so far has been great, most of my symptoms have gone, feel like me again which I haven't felt for a long time.
I spoke to the doctor tonight and I'm thinking of having the merina coil as I seem to get one well with progesterone and did have one about 20 years ago and was fine on it.
Im presuming that your sensitive to Utrogestin to be on the regime your on? As I thought the normal dose is 200mg for 12 days x

juliemargaret

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 07:54:09 PM »

Hello Andi! Why are you stopping the utro for possible mirena if its working nicely for you?
Me - i.dont know if i am sensitive to progesterone really.....i mean i dont seem to know woods from.trees with thia hrt in terms of do i feel better etc. My symptons for a few yrs were occasional low moods..very overwhelmed..sore coccyx bone....sore left breast....then bladder felt badly weak...mood low and fatigue was so strange...i jusst dint know myself. No hot flushes but did have now and again palpitationy flushed episodes. I knew something was amiss. My periods although reg for yrs started playing up....but the way infelt and as above was worse...felt wiped and didbt know what to do....and was SO reluctant to even touch hrt...so this was a big deal for me. My gp agreed we woukd try and she put me in utro 1- 25 days..i dont like to tskr oral tabs so tried alterbate eve vaginally on the advise of a top meno doc...and been doing ever since. ..3 months just gone. Been ok  but had 4 bleeds! Havent felt really bad bit not felt great...at monebt low energy and sore breast espec left one.and just like before hrt...so at a loss! Bladder feels same as does cocxyx..and my mood differs....not soubding great is ot haha. But im.ok yeah...plofding along bit feeling somethings amiss.Then through this group and wonderful women and support and chats..found out a sequi regime may suit me....cos im.peri...so..been in limbo whether to start a sequi or carry on and see. As for the low 100mg dose i wabt to try IF i decided on a sequi..that was just because of what ive read and the kess prog sounds better!! Im.terrified of a slump! Today had a chat witb a.grouo lady anf she said to try anothet month at least of alternate like i am..and tey upping my gel from 2 to 2 half pumps...so...i was going to try this then i saw a few posts and people saying the 12 days made them.feel.great !! Yours being one of them. X

AndieM

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 08:37:09 PM »

Hi Jmargret..
TBH as I seem to be ok on the progesterone phase I think the merina will be easier, last time I had it my periods disappeared which is quite appealing, ill only have to think about the Oestrogel.
Have you tried evening primrose oil for your sore breast? I started with one capsule which didn't do anything but changed to x2 a day and the soreness went away in a couple of days.
I was given HRT 2 years ago but felt I could go through it naturally, it was my husband who watched menopause week on BBC breakfast who said that I had a lot of the symptoms that I finally took the leap!
Before I started taking the HRT I looked at all the info and thought I would take the Utrogestin vaginally and maybe 100mg for 15-26 days but thought I would give the recommended dose a go and have been fine on it, as I said I definitely prefer the progesterone phase, my mood is far better on it so I think having a small dose of progesterone from the merina a good option for me.
I think sometimes we can get bogged down with it all especially when you don't see an improvement, you been on you regime for 3 months, why not try the sequi cycle and do the recommended dose, you can always change it if it doesn't suit x