Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: On and Off again  (Read 1122 times)

swinglish

On and Off again
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:58:44 AM »

SO Confused,
im on femeston on and off again ...when im off i get my insomnia back and moodswing but when im on femeston conti ..i have weight gain and feel like a dumpling ..i just feel spongy If that makes sense.
I have been on femeston for about 3 years but over the past 1.5 years i  have been on and off ....its driving me crazy
I work out 5 times a week and im very health consious.
What to do :-X :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: On and Off again
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 11:16:54 AM »

Hi - put the product name into the search box on here and see what pops up?

Browse round.  Make notes.  What symptom would you like to ease first? 

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 12:18:19 PM »

Ask your GP for another type of HRT.  There are plenty of them, swinglish although there are supply issues for some and some are being discontinued.  GP's and some meno consultants swear they are all the same but from reading this forum you will find this clearly isn't the case.  What suits one women won't suit another as I found out.  I tied 5 types of HRT over 3 years before I found the right one which controlled the symptoms and left me with a couple of side effects I could live with.

Stopping and starting is no good, it just confuses the body...why suffer that way when your GP can give you other things to try.
Conventional wisdom says you must try anything new for a full 3 months to see if it settles before changing to something else.  It depends how quickly your body responds.  Mine took 5 months to settle on the regime I fine the best and I now have at least  90% of my life back.

swinglish

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 12:39:21 PM »

thank you ladybt28
I know i should go and see a GP the problem im having i live in thailand 4 hrs. from where my gp is and i never seem to find time ..but i will have to make it a point to travel and see him.

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 12:49:38 PM »

Yep that's a problem swinglish  ;D  Isn't there one closer to you or does it have to be that one? x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 01:20:03 PM »

Could you contact the surgery initially for advice?

Jari

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 04:11:18 PM »

If you've been on it for 3 years, there's a good chance that the worst of your menopause symptoms will have faded or gone. Going on and off is really not good. Why not try coming off it slowly and then stay off it for at least 3 months and see where your body is at? X

swinglish

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 11:55:51 PM »

Thanks all i have made apointment to travel and see my GP....i understand that it cannot be healthy to be on and off again ...and besides that its driving me crazy its like a love hate relatiionship ..but i will go and see what my GP recommends...:)