Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Early Menopause and HRT  (Read 1157 times)

Bellaboo

• First Flush
Early Menopause and HRT
« on: July 23, 2019, 10:49:35 AM »

Hi Everyone. I am new to the site and I really want to know if anyone has been changed over from Femoston 1/10 to EstroGel and Utrogestan. As I went through meno in my 30s (now 45) doc said I can take 4 pumps everyday and 1 100mg tablet everyday. That way I will not get any periods.  :D However, I swapped over a week ago and have had terrible PMT and meno symptoms, plus came on. :'( They seem to be lessening, but I was just wondering if this is normal when swapping over?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Early Menopause and HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »

What support did you have in your 30s? 

I'm sure someone will be along with an answer.   :welcomemm:

Bellaboo

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »

Hi CLKD. Tbh not a lot. I spent years going backwards and forwards with issues about my contraception, which I can now see is all related to being Peri menopausal. It was only when my periods actually stopped completely that the doctor tested my FSH levels and they were really high. I was only 38 at the time, so they put me on HRT straight away. It took a few try's before I settled with Femoston.  I think over the last few years things have got better, but I have friends who are struggling to get help with symptoms now.

Bellaboo

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 06:42:10 PM »

Wow are you on HRT now?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 09:55:57 PM »

Why did you swap  :-\

Bellaboo

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 09:10:53 AM »

Dr said that if I swapped I wouldn't get periods, so I thought I would give it a try, but I felt great on Femoston. I just feel like I have constant PMT at the moment, so not sure the Progesterone is working for me.  I have seen that others take it vaginally rather than by tablet, so I might need to swap and see if that works. If that fails I think I will go back to Femoston.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 10:19:40 AM »

When was your last 'natural' monthly period.  If you have been 'through' you won't have periods per se.  What is the symptom you would like to ease first?

Bellaboo

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 05:06:34 PM »

Thanks Birdy, I will. Going to go back to docs tomorrow so I will see what she says. CLKD my last natural period was 7 years ago. I was having 3 - 4 per year before that. My periods can be really painful on Femoston, so the thought of not having them was good.  Now that I have felt horrible for over a week I am thinking that it is not worth it. I have had really bad nausea and stomach cramps today. Could be a bug, but I am pretty sure it is my stomach not liking the Utrogestan.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 06:00:52 AM »

Hi Bellaboo. You are now on what's called a continuous HRT regime. Although it's billed as a 'non-bleed' HRT it is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or even continuous bleeding for the first six months. Some women get no problems but others, such as me, do find it difficult. It's a case of giving it a go for a few months to see how you tolerate continuous progesterone. Some of us on here have swapped back to the sequi HRT as we got fed up with unpredictable bleeding.

I hope it soon settles for you.

Taz x  :welcomemm: