Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: digestive problems  (Read 5322 times)

Foxylady

Re: digestive problems
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »

Double page article in the Times yesterday on why we should all be eating a yoghurt daily, it's worth reading. I have full fat greek yoghurt & fruit with flaxseed for breakfast 5 mornings a week. Discussed in relaton to general health benefits and which yoghurts have which benefits, worth a read!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 07:44:16 PM »

Was it LIVE yoghurt ......... I like the Greek type.  Rarely mix it with anything as we pick raspberries and strawberries from the garden when in season.

Foxylady

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 07:46:05 PM »

There was mention of live yoghurt, I took the article into work for my colleagues to read. You might be able to access it online.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 08:52:11 PM »

;D you're talking to a menopausal woman here, no memory cell left  :D

Dougal

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2019, 07:32:56 PM »

Hello ladies
Thought I would just write to let you know that I have started the DGL - but word of caution - Do NOT take if you suffer high blood pressure. Fortunately I do not. Early days yet, as just started taking it.
Thank you for all your interesting replies - I also eat a natural yoghurt daily.
Dougal

shrosphirelass

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 07:44:03 PM »

I was peri still at 56 and started to have lots of stomach issues, alongside headaches. I now take HRT and am much improved. Also, like others I have a bio yoghurt with fruit everyday. I am also careful about what I eat, though despite keping a food diary can't pin point triggers, apart from take out curry which I avoid or have a small portion of. I also think my stomach is worse when I'm stressed.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 10:01:51 PM »

Yep - the gut is the 2nd brain so is affected by stress.

Could you be sensitive to sodium gluten whatever is used in ethnic cookery?  It used to be added to most dishes in restaurants  >:(

? mono sodium glutanate ?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:04:26 PM by CLKD »

Gillydlf

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 05:50:23 PM »

Hi, i've been reading all the posts about digestive problems.

The top of my stomach feels very tender & painful.  I've had heartburn for a couple of years now & most times its controlled with otc Randitine but for the last few days this pain won't go away. I feel slightly nauseous too. All checks at the Dr's have come back normal.
I think about the pain all the time & I don't know if maybe it's stress related.
My gp gave me Esomeprazole but have read unpleasant things about the side effects.
Does anyone else have this pain? If so how do I get rid of it?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

ollie51

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 07:17:41 PM »

Same here last week the top of my stomach is so uncomfortable.
So bloated it's like everything lays on the top of my stomach and doesn't move.
I have recently taken three lots of antibiotics for a uti but don't know if it's that or my hihatus hernia.

Honeybean

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 10:31:30 PM »

Hello ladies
Thought I would just write to let you know that I have started the DGL - but word of caution - Do NOT take if you suffer high blood pressure. Fortunately I do not. Early days yet, as just started taking it.
Thank you for all your interesting replies - I also eat a natural yoghurt daily.
Dougal
Dougal do let us know how you get on with the DGL. It worked well for me.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2019, 08:11:00 AM »

The pain at the top of the belly - is that the gap between the lower rib cage, that's where I get sore.

I find that 'Rennies' or Milk of Magnesia eases symptoms of heartburn and reflux.  DH had omeprazole for 2 years then stopped when the original symptoms went.

Short term use can ease symptoms.  I have had Colpermin peppermint capsules too - it would take 3 each day to sort symptoms and my poo smelt of peppermint.  The idea was to take them within an hour of my main meals to layer the digestive tract.

Gillydlf

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 06:00:56 PM »

Thanks CLKD I will get milk of magnesia & give it a try. That's exactly where I feel tender.

I found a bottle of DGL in the cupboard, I completely forgot I bought them so thanks Honeybean have had 2 today & so far so good😀

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »

One thing at a time ? 

When I take milk of magnesia within half an hour of eating ;-) to line the gut.

Gillydlf

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 06:19:38 PM »

I will carry on with the DGL for a while, if  the uncomfortable tender feeling comes back I'll try milk of magnesia, I'm much happier trying these & hopefully will not need the Esomeprazole.

Have had a very busy day today  & haven't had time to think if the pain was there🤔so do wonder if I think about things far to much😕

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 06:39:37 PM »

Nope.  That pain is real!  Omeprazole is OK for short-term use.  It depends on what I eat and when sometimes as to whether it's there/not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3