Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: HRT national shortage  (Read 4689 times)

Katejo

Re: HRT national shortage
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »

Many Surgeries are locked into Lloyds these days.

That is not my experience CLKD.

GP surgeries will only send a prescription to the patients nominated pharmacy. If the patient does not nominate a pharmacy then the script stays at the surgery for the patient to collect.
Any patient can take their prescription to any pharmacy weather they have a nominated one or not.

I have not heard anything about surgeries being locked into Lloyds  :-\  I'd be very interested if you could find something relating to this.

Cazi x
  I haven't either. However I recently asked at my nominated pharmacy about whether they would let me take the prescription to other pharmacies if they couldn't supply. The answer was yes. However when I persuaded my GP practice to let me have a prescription for Evorel to take to other pharmacies,  I had to collect it myself from the GP. The receptionist believed that Boots would not be allowed to let me take it to any other pharmacy. I will mention this to Boots next time I am there.

Cazikins

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »

Hi Katejo, did the script have a nominated pharmacy (ie Boots) in the top left corner of the script? or was it blank or did it say "collect".
If you have not nominated a pharmacy than you will have to collect it from reception, as there is nowhere else it can go.

Let us know how you get on Katejo.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 01:35:50 PM »

My mother's surgery in the Fens is locked in with Lloyds and the 1s we use also.  It is more common that people realise.

Sparrow

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 01:50:54 PM »

A prescription is for the patient and they decide where to take it.  A surgery cannot prevent a patient doing this.

Our surgery has its own pharmacy but only for those who are not able to travel to a pharmacy as it's a rural area.  No pharmacy is nominated by our surgery.

Cazikins

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 01:51:22 PM »

My mother's surgery in the Fens is locked in with Lloyds and the 1s we use also.  It is more common that people realise.

What do you mean by "locked" in CLKD?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »

New Surgeries often have Lloyds Chemists adjoining their premises.  This means that the Chemist benefits from local 'trade' as well as dispensing to patients who can take their prescriptions where they like but this is unlikely, as it is handier to drop into the same premises.  Unless the product isn't held there.  Our satellite surgery has always had a pharmacy which dispenses when the GP or Pharmacist is on duty, it was built in the 1970s  specifically to avoid having to get the bus to town  ::).

Sparrow

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2019, 02:00:41 PM »

New Surgeries often have Lloyds Chemists adjoining their premises.  This means that the Chemist benefits from local 'trade' as well as dispensing to patients who can take their prescriptions where they like but this is unlikely, as it is handier to drop into the same premises.  Unless the product isn't held there.  Our satellite surgery has always had a pharmacy which dispenses when the GP or Pharmacist is on duty, it was built in the 1970s  specifically to avoid having to get the bus to town  ::).

But patients don't have to use it if they don't wish to.

Cazikins

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2019, 02:03:28 PM »

But that doesn't mean they are "locked" in with them CLKD!

It simply means that the pharmacy has seen an opportunity for business, and might I add a very good idea!
What the hell is wrong with that?. I do wish you wouldn't run down the NHS quite so much - especially as you use to work for them. They are under pressure, get slagged off a lot of the time & get very little thanks for all they're trying to do. >:(

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2019, 03:21:19 PM »

Thanks ladies- yes, I'll try for estradot. It's what the consultant originally asked my GP to prescribe but I've always been given Estraderm ( presumably cheaper)
I'm going to Japan in September- that would be an interesting trip to the pharmacy! 😂

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2019, 06:10:20 PM »

Hi Katejo, did the script have a nominated pharmacy (ie Boots) in the top left corner of the script? or was it blank or did it say "collect".
If you have not nominated a pharmacy than you will have to collect it from reception, as there is nowhere else it can go.

Let us know how you get on Katejo.
  I think you have misunderstood me slightly. I don't have a prescription to collect now. I have nominated a pharmacy and my prescriptions normally go there. The point was whether that nominated pharmacy was allowed to hand the prescription to me if it was unable to supply (so I could try elsewhere).

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2019, 06:17:45 PM »

The pharmacy should always offer you the repeat slip so that next time you can collect wherever. I order mine online and can change it each time. I'm not sure whether once it's gone through to the nominated one that you can then change it though. Last month I called the pharmacy I usually use to check stock before ordering.

Taz x

Ladybt28

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 11:41:52 AM »

As I understand it, you can collect a prescription from any pharmacy you like regardless of whether you have "nominated" a particular one, especially if it is inconvenient to visit it that particular time or they do not have the supply.  Either take it somewhere else if you prefer or ask for the prescription back if they don't have the supply. There should be no issue with this at all. xxx

MichelleMaBelle - Japan huh...yes that would be interesting since it is recorded that "Japanese women don't suffer from the menopause" - studies say it is something to do with their diet but I think more likely it is a combination of diet, culture and not having excessive hormones in their water or their food!  Maybe asking at a pharmacy isn't my best idea!! xx

Mogster71

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2019, 03:44:32 PM »

This is the article I found on line :

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/hormone-replacement-therapy-uk-shortage-women/

My current and previous surgeries were both rural with their own dispensary attached, but I do sometimes ask to take the prescription away. They might mark the prescriptions to go to the "attached" or village pharmacy by default but I don't think you're obliged to have it from there.

dahliagirl

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2019, 04:28:01 PM »

I can change the nominated pharmacy on the online booking system, so for example, if I go on holiday in the UK, I can order meds and pick up locally.

I have just ordered a new prescription - the next will be due about the time of Brexit(again) so I am a little worried about how that will affect things (again) and very aware of the shortages that have been taking place. 

Hoping to order as soon as the computer allows next time, to allow for disruption.

Perinowpost

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2019, 04:51:16 PM »

Thanks for that Mogster71. I hadn't noticed until it affected my hrt. Will ring doctors tomorrow and see what my options are x
Pages: 1 [2] 3