Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Everol sequi need to reduce patches any advice on different option  (Read 1049 times)

Ruby10

Hi , I am perimenopause stage and I have been on Everol sequi patches for 18 months and had to have my dose adjusted from 1 patch to two patches  . So recently the only thing that helps is an added Everol 50 patch added to the normal  patch every day whether it be the estrogen patch for two weeks or the progesterone patch for two weeks ( hope you can understand what I mean )The Dr has said I  need to come down from this extra patch  due to it not being a safe level of the balance of hormones put into my body  and not the correct level of both hormones, but it's only that way that takes my symptoms away . The symptoms I got was hot sweats , low mood and terrible heart palpitations without that extra patch .
Has anyone got an ideas how I can sort out this issue please? I have tried other hrt such as Elleste duet 1mg and 2mg and utrogestan and they didn't suit me at all. I dont want to have the coil either.  Is there a patch that is everol 100 that has a balance of estrogen and progestrone ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:17:47 PM by Ruby10 »

Dotty

Re: Everol sequi need to reduce patches any advice on different option
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 04:32:05 PM »

You can get a 100 patch but would need to take Utrogestan or Provera with it. X

Ruby10

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 04:33:31 PM »

Dotty thanks

Ruby10

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 08:13:51 PM »

Dotty.  Is that because you need more progesterone to balance it out ?

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 09:24:16 AM »

Hi you can use up to 4 pumps of gel (equivalent to 100mg patch or 3mg tablet) and you use 100mg of Utrogestan daily if you are post menopause. If you are peri menopausal then you use 200mg of Utrogestan from days 15-26 of your cycle x

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 02:16:49 PM »

Hey Ruby10...why does the Dr say "not the correct level of homones"...there is no correct level.  We are all different which is why hormone testing doesn't work in the majority of cases and most consultants and GP's go on symptoms.  If no symptoms..its working!
I might need 4 pumps of gel but someone else might only need one.  Someone else might need Everol 50 patches someone else 100????  Not sure what he is suggesting?

Ruby10

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 02:44:40 PM »

The doctor says that taking 1 Everol sequi patch plus a Everol 50 added to each patch i take is off licence and not what it was intended as the dose and might not give me enough of the progesterone protection . This would give me 100 of the estrogen but no change in the progesterone. This can be dangerous they said if I don't get enough progesterone and can lead to womb cancer . So that's why I am going for a scan of the womb soon . Then I have to decide what I am going to do about my hrt as I will have to either reduce back to Everol 50 only or another form of hrt. 3 other hrt did not work for me .

Jools1x

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 12:20:55 PM »

Hi ruby I would ask to be referred to the menopause clinic as they are far more experienced in this field than gps xx

Ruby10

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 12:22:53 PM »

I have spoke to the dr now . I am debating if to have the Mirena coil so will look into this .