Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT advice please  (Read 585 times)

FionaR

HRT advice please
« on: October 16, 2019, 01:25:08 PM »

I may have asked this before but I am not sure the GP advice I have been given is quite right. I was on Elleste Deut 1mg. These were in short supply so I was put on to Femoston 1mg. I am not sure one of better than the other but this doesn't matter so much. I have been on HRT for three years now (age 51) and the GP reckons I should be taking less oestrogen. I have been given a prescription for Femoston conti 0.5mg/2.5mg. I already struggle with low mood, irritability and bloating when I am on the 1mg version of Elleste Duet and femoston 1mg but feel better during the oestrogen phase.  I am worried about starting the conti with lower oestrogen and higher progesterone. I was thinking I should be on a higher dose of oestrogen and lower progesterone, albeit as a continuous version. I am finding quite a lot of symptoms are worsening in general, eg anxiety, insomnia, cramps, fat around stomach and hot sweats. Although, thankfully, the migraines are still mostly under control. Can someone advise please.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 04:14:44 PM »

I can't understand GPs that think that women should be taking 'less' or 'more' of anything.  If you feel well on a regime stick with it?

Maybe put the product name into the search box and see if threads pop up?  Make notes  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 04:54:05 PM »

I agree with you, if you have hot flushes you don't have enough oestrogen.

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 04:59:58 PM »

CLKD is quite right, it is all about control of symptoms and what is enough to control my symptoms may not be enough to control yours.  There are safe guidelines for all the different products which is why they are manufactured in the doses that they are.
GP's always want to go for "lowest" dose and especially those who have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to hrt.

If you were ok on the doses you had before "GP intervention" then go back to your GP and stand your ground...why should you suffer recurrence of symptoms that were under control?  Just because you need more oestrogen than your GP thinks you should  >:( doesnt mean you are doing something wrong.  The higher level products are made for a reason....cos some women need it and that basically all the GP needs to know.  Trust your instincts you know your body, you need more oestrogen  :)x