Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anyone tried Hyalo, Regelle or Gynomunal for VA?  (Read 2535 times)

Honeybean

Anyone tried Hyalo, Regelle or Gynomunal for VA?
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:17:14 PM »

Hi

Has anyone tried Hyalo, Regelle or Gynomunal for VA?

I am currently using Boots VA moisturiser and its not working too well for me. I am also using Estriol 50mg gel but I am not sure that's working that well either. I was on Estiol cream lower dose for about 2 years but that just had stopped working so the doctor moved me on to the Estriol 50mg. (Estriol was fine for years and then it stopped working which is why I had to start on a VA moisturiser). I started off with Yes moisturiser but that just gave me thrush. The Boots one burns a bit, but kind of works, which is why I was wondering if anyone had any more positive things to say about Hyalo, Regelle or Gynomunal for VA?

Thanks  ;)

Tinkerbell

Re: Anyone tried Hyalo, Regelle or Gynomunal for VA?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 12:23:39 AM »

What about giving Vagifem a try,if you have VA moisturisers aren't going  to sort it.

Honeybean

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:27 AM »

Is Vagifem a tablet? I think I tried those years ago before Estroil and I found them crumbly and caused irritation. I think I needed more moisture even back then.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 09:13:30 AM »

Its a tiny white tablet, that comes in a blue pre filled vaginal applicator, they don't as they stick to the vaginal wall.

Jari

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 07:24:25 PM »

Hi honeybean, are you taking good supplements for VA?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 07:37:10 PM »

Read the vaginal atrophy and bladder related threads on this Forum.  Vaginal Atrophy needs continual life-long treatment, initially for 2 weeks every night.  It is intended to replump the vaginal walls which have thinned due to a gradual drop of oestrogen.  Regular treatment stops the repeated urine infection-type symptoms. 4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o

Supplements ?  Jari, discuss  ;D

Jari

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 07:54:01 PM »

I will, thanks CLKD.. I don't have it at the moment but have been reading a bit..

Post menopause I think we should all be taking basic supplements. ie. a good multivitamin, omega 3 fish oils ( with EPA and DHA ) and vit C ( 500 mg twice a day )

Omega 3 are especially helpful as they control inflammation and lubricate the body from the inside out. Vit C is important for the manufacture of collagen. This will keep the walls of the vagina elastic.

Good levels of bacteria in the digestive system will help protect against thrush and vaginal and urinary infections. So, a good probiotic that contains 22 billion organisms.

I read that Ovestin is a good vaginal oestrogen?

:) x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »

Thrush lives in the back passage.  Thrush thrives on sugars.  LIVE yoghurt is one method of getting it under control particularly after elective surgery and anti-biotic therapy.  Thrush can be moved into the vagina by bad toilet hygiene.  I have successfully used LIVE [not natural] yoghurt eaten and applied  ;)

A good diet is important.  A balanced diet isn't possible ;-).  Lots of fruits and veg. raw if possible: remember School dinners and the sprouts being put on to cook at 11.30 on C.mas morning  ;D ..... boiled the goodness out of them.  I loves my veggies I does  :D

Ovestin and Vagifem are the prescriptions given to ladies with vaginal atrophy.  Some find that they reuiqr the latter nightly because the small amount prescribed simply isn't enough to control symptoms.  Some use 'sylc' and/or 'yes' products along side.

Honeybean

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 09:41:26 AM »

Hi honeybean, are you taking good supplements for VA?

Jari, I take a multivitamin and a separate magnesium, also Shatavari for hot flushes (although I am going to stop taking it as I don't think its that effective anymore). I also occasionally take liquid iron.

I am going to look into taking the Omega 7 supplement for VA.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 02:06:20 PM »

Vaginal Atrophy needs localised treatment Honeybean - do read the threads here.  Supplements don't ease VA treatment or it would be much easier to treat those symptoms.

Honeybean

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 11:12:48 PM »

Vaginal Atrophy needs localised treatment Honeybean - do read the threads here.  Supplements don't ease VA treatment or it would be much easier to treat those symptoms.

CLKD I am taking Estriol for VA but finding it not enough.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 12:04:38 PM »

Sorry did I miss that  :-\ >slaps wrists< Do Keep Up.  ;D

Have a look at 'sylc' and 'yes' websites too, you may get some freebies to try  ;)

Tracey E

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »

Hi

Has anyone tried Hyalo, Regelle or Gynomunal for VA?

I am currently using Boots VA moisturiser and its not working too well for me. I am also using Estriol 50mg gel but I am not sure that's working that well either. I was on Estiol cream lower dose for about 2 years but that just had stopped working so the doctor moved me on to the Estriol 50mg. (Estriol was fine for years and then it stopped working which is why I had to start on a VA moisturiser). I started off with Yes moisturiser but that just gave me thrush. The Boots one burns a bit, but kind of works, which is why I was wondering if anyone had any more positive things to say about Hyalo, Regelle or Gynomunal for VA?

Thanks  ;)

Hi Honeybean, I'm using Hyalo alternate nights to Vagifem. It stings a bit when first applied but my doctor tells ne it's really good for plumping the vagina so I'm going to persevere. :o We shall see.. x