Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2279 times)

TaylorJ

Hi
« on: July 22, 2019, 01:36:16 PM »

Hi Ladies, I've been reading this Forum now for the past 2 months since my Dr put me on HRT and advised me to read up on this website. I have found it really helpful in making me feel I'm not the only one going through these very difficult, well for me anyway , stage of life.

I'm 47 and now diagnosed as peri menopause but I've been having all sorts of things going on with me for the last 2 years. Starting off with lots of changes with my digestive system, intolerance to certain foods, being diagnosed with IBS, severe bloating . I had both an endoscopy and the other end too (sorry can't remember the name ), but all came back as normal. I was having night sweats, health anxiety is really bad, sleeplessness ,forgetfulness , I put something down and can forget where I put it minutes later ,  the list goes on :(

I have been on the Evorel 50/Evorel Conti Sequi now for 7 weeks, at first I really felt a difference in my moods, a bit more like myself , but this last few days suffered with headaches, a bit of spotting when I wipe after the loo, sending my anxiety into overdrive once again , I often wonder if I will ever feel happy and like my old self again  :'(
Currently awaiting my appointment through for the Gynaecologist to treat my vaginal itch I have got, my GP seems to think I could be suffering from Lichon Sclerosus , aw well I might as well add this to my list

Just found out today I can't get this HRT any longer due to Manufacturer issues so looks like another trip by to the Dr's and start all over again !!

Sorry to burden you all with my not so cheery post  :)

Katejo

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 02:28:50 PM »

Hi Ladies, I've been reading this Forum now for the past 2 months since my Dr put me on HRT and advised me to read up on this website. I have found it really helpful in making me feel I'm not the only one going through these very difficult, well for me anyway , stage of life.

I'm 47 and now diagnosed as peri menopause but I've been having all sorts of things going on with me for the last 2 years. Starting off with lots of changes with my digestive system, intolerance to certain foods, being diagnosed with IBS, severe bloating . I had both an endoscopy and the other end too (sorry can't remember the name ), but all came back as normal. I was having night sweats, health anxiety is really bad, sleeplessness ,forgetfulness , I put something down and can forget where I put it minutes later ,  the list goes on :(

I have been on the Evorel 50/Evorel Conti Sequi now for 7 weeks, at first I really felt a difference in my moods, a bit more like myself , but this last few days suffered with headaches, a bit of spotting when I wipe after the loo, sending my anxiety into overdrive once again , I often wonder if I will ever feel happy and like my old self again  :'(
Currently awaiting my appointment through for the Gynaecologist to treat my vaginal itch I have got, my GP seems to think I could be suffering from Lichon Sclerosus , aw well I might as well add this to my list

Just found out today I can't get this HRT any longer due to Manufacturer issues so looks like another trip by to the Dr's and start all over again !!

Sorry to burden you all with my not so cheery post  :)
  Only a quick reply now due to being at work but, as far as I know, the manufacturer problem only applies to Femseven Conti   see https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php
There is a problem with other types of HRT (particularly Evorel Conti but maybe other types of Evorel too) but it seems to be more to do with supply to pharmacies. I have just managed to get enough to last me 3 months but the pharmacist only had 16 patches (not the 24 on my prescription).

TaylorJ

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 02:48:28 PM »

Thanks for your reply Katejo, I've managed to get 16 patches from another local pharmacy instead of the 24 on my prescription. I agree it looks like the problem is supplying Pharmacies with them . Have you found a difference since you started the patches ? I was feeling a bit better but since last Thursday felt pretty crappy , not sure if it's down to the HRT or just me feeling off. You never know what it is these days as I feel different from one day to the next.

Have any ladies found a big difference since they started on HRT, maybe I should give it a bit longer than the 7/8 weeks I have been on it now ?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 03:17:41 PM »

Hi Taylor......... :welcomemm:

You should stay on any hrt for at least 3/6 months to see if you feel any better....unless you have horrendous side effects, in which case you could change to another.
It does take a while unfortunately to kick in, it doesn't happen over night, it took me a while to start to feel better...but I'm post meno, so you've still got your own hormones kicking in at times aswell, being peri....any bleeding you may have can be normal for the first 3/6 months, but if your worried get it checked out.....
You will feel better, but can't say when, as we're all different...hrt,s  effect people differently, and most of us have had to swap n change until we find one that suits us....don't give up, I'm sure you'll find one if this one doesn't suit.....
Keep posting, we're here to help, and offer advice if we can........good luck with it all.....xxxxx

TaylorJ

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »

Hi Taylor......... :welcomemm:

You should stay on any hrt for at least 3/6 months to see if you feel any better....unless you have horrendous side effects, in which case you could change to another.
It does take a while unfortunately to kick in, it doesn't happen over night, it took me a while to start to feel better...but I'm post meno, so you've still got your own hormones kicking in at times aswell, being peri....any bleeding you may have can be normal for the first 3/6 months, but if your worried get it checked out.....
You will feel better, but can't say when, as we're all different...hrt,s  effect people differently, and most of us have had to swap n change until we find one that suits us....don't give up, I'm sure you'll find one if this one doesn't suit.....
Keep posting, we're here to help, and offer advice if we can........good luck with it all.....xxxxx

Thank you so much for your reply Jilly , its good to feel you're not alone  and speaking to Ladies who understand :) I have found reading the posts on here so helpful and comforting I'm so pleased I've joined xxxxxxxx

Jari

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 08:25:16 AM »

Hello Taylor and welcome! 😊

I was at the last stage of peri at 47 and had my last period at 47.5

I rushed onto hrt as I thought it would be a quick fix. A few weeks in and it brought really bad anxiety. I kept on but then it turned into breathing problems and resulted in gasping for breath. Gynae instructed to come off straight away. It completely put me off hrt and I'm now going the natural path, which has really not been bad at all. A few hot flushes now and again but these have been getting less and less. I'm now 49. So, don't worry, these symptoms do ease!

Hrt raises your hormone level so when you come off it, you will start again with the decreasing hormone levels. Hrt also causes fibroids to grow. It's important to know this as I was not told this when given it.
The private consultants particularly forget to give the warnings against it. Just do bear these points in mind.

Hrt will also of course mask where your body is naturally, so you may well have had symptoms short term but you won't know if on hrt.

For me, the natural route is better, of course with a good diet, excercise and good supplements. Good luck with it and keep posted how you get on. X

TaylorJ

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »

Hello Taylor and welcome! 😊

I was at the last stage of peri at 47 and had my last period at 47.5

I rushed onto hrt as I thought it would be a quick fix. A few weeks in and it brought really bad anxiety. I kept on but then it turned into breathing problems and resulted in gasping for breath. Gynae instructed to come off straight away. It completely put me off hrt and I'm now going the natural path, which has really not been bad at all. A few hot flushes now and again but these have been getting less and less. I'm now 49. So, don't worry, these symptoms do ease!

Hrt raises your hormone level so when you come off it, you will start again with the decreasing hormone levels. Hrt also causes fibroids to grow. It's important to know this as I was not told this when given it.
The private consultants particularly forget to give the warnings against it. Just do bear these points in mind.

Hrt will also of course mask where your body is naturally, so you may well have had symptoms short term but you won't know if on hrt.

For me, the natural route is better, of course with a good diet, excercise and good supplements. Good luck with it and keep posted how you get on. X

Hi Jari

Thank you for your reply, I'm new to all this HRT , but I'm reading up on it all and being part of this Forum is very helpful.  I'm going to give myself the 3/6 months on hrt but if I don't really see any benefits I will also look into the natural side of things, I seen you had recommended a book on the natural way. I'm open to all ideas to help with the symptoms, but its refreshing to know its all quite normal and lots of other ladies are experiencing similar symptoms and I'm not losing my marbles  :)

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 09:04:18 AM »

You could visit your local Pharmacist to see what the manufacturing problems might be across the HRT ranges.

:welcomemm:

Jari

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 09:27:18 AM »

Hi Taylor, yes don't worry, you're not losing your marbles... all these symptoms are quite normal! 😊 we're all in it together and this forum is great to share experiences..
All the best, x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 10:20:16 AM »

You'll see when you read 'doing stupid things' that you've joined a Good Group and don't forget to keep an eye out for 'that strange woman' - both can be found in the forum but damned if I can remember where  :D

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »

Thanks for your reply Katejo, I've managed to get 16 patches from another local pharmacy instead of the 24 on my prescription. I agree it looks like the problem is supplying Pharmacies with them . Have you found a difference since you started the patches ? I was feeling a bit better but since last Thursday felt pretty crappy , not sure if it's down to the HRT or just me feeling off. You never know what it is these days as I feel different from one day to the next.

Have any ladies found a big difference since they started on HRT, maybe I should give it a bit longer than the 7/8 weeks I have been on it now ?
Hi TaylorJ    For the 1st 3 months the meno consultant put me on half patches not full because he believes in trying a low dose first. Half patches did nothing for me at all so I started to experiment with a full patch towards the end of my 3 months. That was early June. I did full for 1 week and then returned to half. In mid June I had 1 really good week in which the VA symptoms improved a lot and I didn't need a Vagifem daily. Then the symptoms returned again. I told the consultant this when I went back to see him on July 10th. He has upped me to the full patch. I think that things are just starting to pick up now. This week is better than last week. I am hoping that my aching joints/feet/calves will also improve but it is probably too early to judge that. Fingers crossed (assuming that I can get more Evorel Conti). I have enough to last me until around late September so should be able to judge how effective it is by then.

TaylorJ

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 01:24:08 PM »

Hi TaylorJ    For the 1st 3 months the meno consultant put me on half patches not full because he believes in trying a low dose first. Half patches did nothing for me at all so I started to experiment with a full patch towards the end of my 3 months. That was early June. I did full for 1 week and then returned to half. In mid June I had 1 really good week in which the VA symptoms improved a lot and I didn't need a Vagifem daily. Then the symptoms returned again. I told the consultant this when I went back to see him on July 10th. He has upped me to the full patch. I think that things are just starting to pick up now. This week is better than last week. I am hoping that my aching joints/feet/calves will also improve but it is probably too early to judge that. Fingers crossed (assuming that I can get more Evorel Conti). I have enough to last me until around late September so should be able to judge how effective it is by then.

Me too Katejo, I now have enough Evorel Sequi patches to see me through to September so will carry on and see how I'm feeling then.

Thanks for all the tips ladies I shall have another browse over some of the topics on the Forum