Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Kliofem  (Read 1991 times)

Beverley727

Bleeding on Kliofem
« on: July 20, 2019, 03:09:13 PM »

I've been taking Kliofem for 3 months. I had been successful with Evorol conti for 18 months then sweats and palpitations returned so moved to Kliofem. I'm not liking it very much, insomnia, heart burn etc but HRT nurse said best not to switch again. I started bleeding yesterday, is that something to worry about?

Hels

Re: Bleeding on Kliofem
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 06:43:30 PM »

I'm having similar problem. Took tablet ok for 3 weeks then on came the bleeding and it hasn't stopped! Bit of a shock after having 3 years without periods 😥 Contacted GP when bleeding first started and was told it could be expected and it should settle. It hasn't and its wiping me out so will be contacting GP again tomorrow.

Nairn

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »

Hi, be grateful of any advice you get.  I started on it about 6 weeks ango and so far had about 4 x 2/3 day periods getting progressively heavier - is this right? I thought that this was a no bleed formula -worse part of it is that there is no warning at all.

shellbell0404

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 09:26:20 AM »

me too. I have been taking Premique for 3 weeks and wow the bleeding is real bad. really heavy and its making me so tired. Went to GP saturday and was told that it is normal ? its been 8 days non stop really is that normal? would a higherdose help?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 06:48:00 PM »

I've been taking Kliofem for 3 months. I had been successful with Evorol conti for 18 months then sweats and palpitations returned so moved to Kliofem. I'm not liking it very much, insomnia, heart burn etc but HRT nurse said best not to switch again. I started bleeding yesterday, is that something to worry about?

Hi Beverley

Sorry to hear this - any change in HRT is bound to disrupt the balance of hormones and is probably due to the different dose of progestogen due to the different delivery method.

I'm not sure though why you were changed from Evorel conti to Kliovance as the former is medium dose and the latter low dose. If the HRT wasn't sufficient oestrogen the only option would be to increase your patch dose to 75 mcg and take a separate progestogen, such as Provera or Utrogestan, or at least change to Kliofem a medium dose HRT with the same progestogen - in case you absorb better from tablets than patches. Patches are better if you have digestive problems - the HRT nurse is quite wrong - of course you can change if it is not sutiing you and you have tried the new type for 3 months!

As a matter of interest does this new lower dose eliminate sweats and flushes? In any case the other side effects don't sound too good. There is no point in continuing with an HRT type if you don't feel generally better overall on it than off it!

Think about what you want to try next - we can advise you, and then go back to your HRT nurse with your reasons and ask for it! All the different HRT types are listed under Treatments on the menu.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Beverley727

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 07:21:13 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, I did suggest increase patch dose and taking separate progestogen but she looked at me like I had two heads and said you can't do that!

I went to see doctor asking to change, she said the same as the nurse. However she has referred me to gyn and I have a consultant appointment today - hopefully they will help? Although I think it's only to do with the bleeding, which probably isn't anything!

Beverley727

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 12:54:05 PM »

So I've been to the hospital today and womb lining is 10mm. They've taken a biopsy and it will be 4 weeks for the results. I didn't think to ask if I should stop taking HRT or just continue? Also going on holiday and they've just told me I can't swim!

Nairn

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 03:45:36 PM »

Hi Beverly

Ouch, I sympathise - very painful procedure without anaesthetic.  I had a similar problem, but the biopsy was negative.  However it was after that that I was moved to a continuous HRT - KILOFEM, and i'm now bleeding every day - think I am going to have to go back to the GP.  Not sure why they have told you not to swim? Unless it's due to bleeding.  Hope you manage to enjoy your holiday x