Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Where to pack HRT  (Read 1926 times)

allie007

Where to pack HRT
« on: July 19, 2019, 08:28:36 PM »

Hi everyone
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask and if its a stupid question....am going to Lanzarote next week and was wondering where to pack my HRT patches and Estrogel?
Is it ok to pack in hold luggage because i've read on one website not to?
Or should i pack in hand luggage with a letter from GP?

sheila99

Re: Where to pack HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 09:24:53 PM »

Estrogel counts as a liquid so in your see through liquids bag. And take a prescription with you. I had no problems going but returning from Turkey they wanted to confiscate the Estrogel.
enjoy your holiday 🤩

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 09:49:17 PM »

I would take in hand luggage. Suitcases that go in the hold go through major temp changes, down to -40, at 30,000 feet. And as Shiela said, the gel will have to go into the clear plastic bag. But gels and liquids have to be under 100ml. How big is your tube / bottle ?

allie007

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 09:56:45 PM »

Hi both and thank you. Its the standard 80 gram bottle of Estrogel, havent opened it yet as it is a new bottle, still in the box with the standard sticker on it from the pharmacy with my name on. So do the patches. Should the patches go in hand luggage too? Also can my doctor give me a prescription for them both if Ive literally got them both in the last few weeks?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:00:21 PM by allie007 »

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 05:59:33 AM »

I put my Oestrogel and Utrogestan in my hand luggage . Didn't need a prescription. I just took the box with my name on it. X

Rhiner

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 08:09:10 AM »

Hi, I also pack utrogestan and patches in hand luggage (but I also put some in suitcase just in case). I certainly wouldn't put in hold luggage alone, in case the luggage goes missing!
Rx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 08:20:28 AM »

Always carry medication in hand luggage. Otherwise it could end up in Timbuctoo and you're in the US !

I expect the Estrogel would sell on the Black Market sheila  ???

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 08:27:01 AM »

Always take my patches etc in hand luggage.

allie007

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 08:39:12 AM »

Thanks all.
Has anyone needed a copy of prescription or letter from GP?

Dierdre

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 08:46:31 AM »

I always take in handbag, never needed letter but put creams and liquids in the plastic bag. If it's more than 100ml you will need a letter from the doctor.

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019, 12:54:19 PM »

I always take medication in hand luggage on the way out but none of mine is liquid at all. I have never been asked for a a letter but do keep it in original packaging with the prescription label. I am more relaxed on the way home and often put the remainder in my hold bag as long as I know that I have more at home.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019, 12:55:02 PM »

Get a copy of the prescription to carry with you. Job Done!

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 12:56:15 PM »

Estrogel counts as a liquid so in your see through liquids bag. And take a prescription with you. I had no problems going but returning from Turkey they wanted to confiscate the Estrogel.
enjoy your holiday 🤩
What reason did they give for this? Was there too much or was it that you didn't have a supporting letter/original prescription?

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 02:13:49 PM »

No reason given but probably quantity. It only has weight on it not volume and does look bigger than 100ml. I waved the prescription at him (which I doubt he could understand) and ranted and he gave it back. No explanation though from the Egyptian who two years ago confiscated my piece of string...