Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello Newbie  (Read 1544 times)

Fran42

Hello Newbie
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:14:14 AM »

I'm 42 and I have been anxious in regards to HRT, so glad I have found this forum, I have been reading it for the last few days.  My peri menapause started with my underactive thyroid, the symptoms were so bad with the underactive thyroid and I had lost my appetite I just assumed my periods stopped with that.  But I went to the doctor last week and I am actually in menapause, so I was given evorel conti patches, and due to the amount of information, I'm happy to take them, what I'm not so sure about is the Vagifem, bit more weary about these due to the after effects.  Is evorel effective and should i avoid the Vagifem?

Dotty

Re: Hello Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:40:46 AM »

Hi welcome to the forum.

Have you managed to get the Evorel Conti patches? A lot of ladies are having problems getting them x

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 10:51:30 AM »

Hi Fran42,  :welcomemm:
If you have symptoms of VA it is important that you use the Vagifem, as many women need both systemic and local oestrogen to keep it under control. It is a condition that will only get worse over time and needs to be managed for the rest of your life. If for some reason you don't get on with it there are other options, but most women are fine with it. Don't go looking for problems is my advice!

I hope the Evorel Conti works well for your other symptoms.

If you have any questions or concerns, there's always someone here to help, and plenty of expertise and experience.

Best wishes

JP x

Fran42

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 11:15:13 AM »

Yes I have the Evorel Conti, now on HRT

Fran42

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »

Im in N.I and it might be different compared to were everyone else lives.

Fran42

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »

Thank you

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 03:45:21 PM »

I'm 42 and I have been anxious in regards to HRT, so glad I have found this forum, I have been reading it for the last few days.  My peri menapause started with my underactive thyroid, the symptoms were so bad with the underactive thyroid and I had lost my appetite I just assumed my periods stopped with that.  But I went to the doctor last week and I am actually in menapause, so I was given evorel conti patches, and due to the amount of information, I'm happy to take them, what I'm not so sure about is the Vagifem, bit more weary about these due to the after effects.  Is evorel effective and should i avoid the Vagifem?

I am using both Vagifem and Evorel Conti. No side effects from Vagifem and it has worked pretty well. Too early to report on Evorel Conti as I have only just moved to full patches after trying half ones. There is a supply problem here.

Fran42

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 10:20:37 AM »

That's good to hear.  A while ago I also tried the laser for VA and it was good, only had one session supposed to have 3, due to a lot happening and having a family loss, I never got back, but I would like to, think it made a good difference. I chose laser due to having Long QT Syndrome and thought HRT and Vagifem would affect my heart, due to having a doctor who hadn't a clue,got a second appointment with a doctor who was well informed.   

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 01:45:46 PM »

That's good to hear.  A while ago I also tried the laser for VA and it was good, only had one session supposed to have 3, due to a lot happening and having a family loss, I never got back, but I would like to, think it made a good difference. I chose laser due to having Long QT Syndrome and thought HRT and Vagifem would affect my heart, due to having a doctor who hadn't a clue,got a second appointment with a doctor who was well informed.

Glad to hear the laser treatment made a difference. By a strange coincidence I am on the train into London just now to get my first MLT treatment, so it was nice to read your post! Do you think you will have it again?

JP x

Fran42

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 03:37:38 PM »

Yeah I think I would like to, I couldn't believe the difference even with the first session, it didn't hurt at all.