Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Biopsy results  (Read 1108 times)

Paulas22

Biopsy results
« on: July 16, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »

Had a womb biopsy as I have had alot off bleeding and they said the lining was thick  the doctor said I get results in two weeks, it's been six and still no letter my doctor not heard anything either is this a bit long two be waiting on results :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Biopsy results
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 09:32:17 PM »

Depends which area of the UK you are in.  Many results are held up due to lack of NHS staffing  :'(

Your GP of course could ring the Dept. to see - I suggest that you follow it up yourself, ring the Dept. to see what the hold up might be.

Browse round. Make notes.   :welcomemm:

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 06:39:13 PM »

Hi Paula. Such a worry when you're waiting for results. I feel your GP should follow this up. This has happened to me in the past when waiting for a scan result and I made a doctor's appointment to find out why there was a delay. My GP phoned the consultant there and then and discovered the results had been sent but somehow had never arrived. Can you ask yours to find out for you?

You'll find this forum really supportive and friendly. Let us know how you get on

Taz x  :welcomemm:

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:34:08 PM »

Had a womb biopsy as I have had alot off bleeding and they said the lining was thick  the doctor said I get results in two weeks, it's been six and still no letter my doctor not heard anything either is this a bit long two be waiting on results :-\

I had a CT colonoscopy last Autumn and was told it would be 2 weeks for results. When I didn't hear anything I asked my doctor who said they would contact me in due course. After 7 weeks passed I rang the hospital and asked to speak to the consultants secretary ( the consultant had referred me for the proceedure). She informed me that the results were on the system but for some reason they hadn't opened the file! Fortunately, they were ok, but things could have been a lot worse. My feeling is if you are given a time frame and you've waited longer I would try to chase it up. Good luck

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 07:50:33 PM »

I would be jumping up and down and so ought your GP be .........

Let us know how you get on!

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 06:57:16 PM »

YEs, give them grief. 
GP coudl ring, you could ring the consultants sec.  NOt on at all.
Why tell people 2 weeks, when they actually mean 2 + months!

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 07:05:42 PM »

Anything yet Paula? You can actually ring the dept if you still haven't heard anything