Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi noticing when I need to change a patch  (Read 548 times)

Choc Ice

Evorel Sequi noticing when I need to change a patch
« on: July 15, 2019, 09:20:23 AM »

Am I the only one who is noticing symptoms come back the day I need to change my patch. I have only just started but I have definitely seen a change  in that my night sweats were a bit better and I have had two nights sleep without waking at 3am. On the last day the symptoms returned, does this mean the oestrogen levels were too low on the last day, or do I just need a higher dose.

On another note I've just finished the “ oestrogen matters “ book. Oh boy it should be on every GPS reading list. It's shocking, even my female young GP who is actually quite good, said that she never has anyone on HRT for longer than 5yrs!!!!!! So I have definitely been given a cut off date. I thought I had better get my arguments in place soon for that appointment when it happens.

Perinowpost

Re: Evorel Sequi noticing when I need to change a patch
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 09:53:37 AM »

I get that Choc Ice so I switch at the end of every 3 days rather than 3 1/2, and that solves it.

I haven't read the book but it sounds good x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 06:01:11 PM »

Am I the only one who is noticing symptoms come back the day I need to change my patch. I have only just started but I have definitely seen a change  in that my night sweats were a bit better and I have had two nights sleep without waking at 3am. On the last day the symptoms returned, does this mean the oestrogen levels were too low on the last day, or do I just need a higher dose.

On another note I've just finished the “ oestrogen matters “ book. Oh boy it should be on every GPS reading list. It's shocking, even my female young GP who is actually quite good, said that she never has anyone on HRT for longer than 5yrs!!!!!! So I have definitely been given a cut off date. I thought I had better get my arguments in place soon for that appointment when it happens.

At my last meno clinic appointment, the doctor said it was better to change patches every 3 days, rather than after 3 and 4 days. I tend to try to do 3.5 days as I don't seem to get noticably worse at cut off points. Having said that the other day I felt dreadful and changed the patch early (evorel conti part of sequi) and did start to feel better, though not sure if that was a coincidence.

KatyB

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 09:58:07 AM »

Yes, I notice from day 3, I try to do the 3.5 day pattern too, but it can get confusing. You may find some patches better "lasting" than others, I preferred the Everol in that respect but they were much bigger than the Estrodot....