Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nose bleeds  (Read 7269 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nose bleeds
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 10:03:33 AM »

You could approach with "If this situation happens again, what should I do - is packing likely to cause pain as it did this time, or would suggesting a Local Anaethetic injected first, be kinder than simply shoving packing up his nose?  Do I need to have a rescue pack at home to apply and could I be shown how to be supportive if this reoccurs"

No need to go in all guns blazing.  OH should be given advice anyway but if you are told too you will feel easier. Of course, if you are like me, you'll watch every time he bends over and shout "KNEEL"  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 07:54:08 AM »

Any news?

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 04:53:47 PM »

Any news  :-\

groundhog

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »

Hello,
Yes he is out of hospital.  The consultant said it all looked good and the seepage has slowed.  He's still worried and not confident.  I'm not used to seeing him like this.  He's also exhausted. 
Just hoping it all goes away.

Also,feel8mg worn out, early night I think xx

sheila99

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »

Glad it went well. Hopefully you'll sleep well tonight now you don't need to worry so much.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »

Anaesthetic is exhausting.  Many years ago I underwent surgery and felt OK until 10 days later, when the effects hit me like a steam train.  I slept for 24 hours.

When does he see the Consultant next?

groundhog

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 09:24:39 AM »

No follow up CLKD at lest I don't think so.  Unless it starts again.
The consultant was very good, always on the Ward always stopped for a chat. I couldn't fault him.  One of the nurses said they don't automatically do follow ups these days especially as it was just put down to a one off.  If it all settles then that's it.  If it doesn't then I expect we will go back.
His nose is full of crusts and sores, very uncomfortable.  He daren't pick it!  We have a wash out consisting of bicarbonate and salt water which we have to use so il do that for him in a bit.
He's nice when he's vulnerable, is that awful of me?  I think back to when I was told my bowel was permanently damaged and I may never eat again, he was devastated but after a while told me to deal with it as I had no choice. Now he has had a little taster of what it's like when your body doesn't behave, he's so sad as to how awful we have been in the past few years.
Maybe some good will come out of this.  He's now ‘walking in my shoes ‘ and finds it pretty terrifying dealing with the pain, uncertainty and restrictions that health problems bring.
Life has a way of working things out xx

groundhog

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 09:28:34 AM »

Thanks Sheila99.
To be honest I quite like sleeping on my own so since he's been in hospital I slept quite well .  Last night not so.  He had the big V pillow covered with a towel.  Slept on his back and don't laugh but with an empty plastic water bottle in his mouth! It's the only way he could stop himself choking.  The bottle kept his mouth open.  It fell out after a while and then he was sort of gagging.  His nose is completely blocked.  He's ordered a mouth guard it should come today 🙄🙄
So not the best nights sleep but nice to have him back and not waiting for the phone to ring with some disaster x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2019, 10:56:24 AM »

It is common sense groundhog - walk a mile etc..  Let him fester! let him consider ........ take photos to remind him ;-)

Odd that there isn't a follow-up with such severe bleeding plus surgical intervention  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »

Thank you Lamzalover.
I did sleep albeit broken sleep.
He was brighter but then had a doom and gloom  consultant so he's down again now. The consultant was on about necrosis of the nose which can happen when you clamp arteries, so worrying.  We'll get there I hope.

Surely in this day and age they can sort this out but I'm afraid I have so little confidence and hope it makes every journey difficult xx

As I sat in the hospital last night I felt very very lonely.  i have a few close friends but no one I would have asked to be with me, as to them it was ‘just a nose bleed'.   My lovely daughter has 2 little ones, my sister has her children so they couldn't come.  My husband's family offered but I was so hurt recently by an incident, I don't feel the same way now.
I felt I had no one,  in the end my son in law to be came down.  I didn't realise how much I need my husband by my side.  It's weird as all the number of times I've said  to him ‘ one day you'll have a problem then you'll know what it's like' kind of conversation.  Then this happens.  We are both seeing it from the other persons shoes which will help us recover as a couple but I still wish with all my heart this had never happened x  the outcome seems so uncertain.  Plus when he went into a&E when all this began last Friday,  there was some dripping blood, they overreacted I think, inserted a massive pack without anaesthetic as if he was bleeding to death and he was in agony, he is now so fearful of this happening again.  Do you  think I should let the consultant know or will I just make waves ?
Hello Groundhog   I'm afraid I can't answer your questions but just wanted to offer a bit of support. Hope things will be better soon and that a simple explanation/cause is found.

groundhog

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2019, 03:28:54 PM »

Thanks Katejo xx

Yes CLKD I suppose it is odd, maybe il ring on Monday to check x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2019, 10:24:14 PM »

How is he?

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 01:19:19 PM »

HOW IS HE  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2019, 10:47:35 AM »

>:(.

groundhog

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »

Oh CLKD I'm so sorry, I didn't see your question !
How is he - well no further bleeding thank God.  He does have a follow up early in September. He is still nervous and not as confident as he was.  If you remember prior to the nose bleed he had some blood in semen 🙀🙀 which totally upset us having had 5 years of absolute hell with me.  He's had an ultrasound and it was ok, he still has the camera up willy to go which he's dreading.
He is much kinder and much more considerate so long may it continue.
I've had s rough few weeks , il update the other thread xx
Oh and thank yo7 for asking xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3