Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet 2mg when does it start to work  (Read 2284 times)

Kittycat

Elleste duet 2mg when does it start to work
« on: September 26, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »

Hi all,
I have been taking Elleste 2mg for 7 weeks now, still no improvement in night sweats, mood swings loss of labido, no improvments at all infact  :( did anyone else have to wait this long before it started working, so dissapointed i really thought i would have seen some improvement by now, all personal accounts very much appreiciated   

Lanzalover

Re: Elleste duet 2mg when does it start to work
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »

Hi Kittycat

:welcomemm:

I haven't used Elleste so unable to give any persnal advice but I understand you are supposed to give HRT three months to work but I would have expected you to feel some improvement in seven weeks perhaps this is just not the right HRT for you

I'm sure someone who has used this HRT will be along with their advice.

Kittycat

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:04:46 PM »

Thank you Lanzalover, i hoped it would have started working by now and have also heard to give it 3 months, im just hoping some ladies  on here are using it and it has indeed taken that long to work.

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »

Make an appointment for the 12 check and if it still has no effect you might need to try something else.  Sometimes it is better with transdermal.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »

Hi Kittycat

:welcomemm:

I agree with Lanzalover that you should really have noticed a difference by now. How far into menopause are you ie what has your cycle been doing in the last few months - have you skipped any periods? Maybe it is Elleste solo rather than Duet as you have Mirena or no womb? If you tell us a bit more and how old you are, then we might be able to help .

As the others said - 3 months is the usual time to wait but some women don't absorb as well from tablets especially if you have digestive problems so I agree with dahilagirl that transdermal might be better if so?

Hurdity x

Crazee Haze

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 10:49:27 AM »

I've been on elleste duet 2mg since October last year. Aches n pains were better in first few months but back again Along with headaches VA n no labido whatsoever ☹️