Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estradiol levels  (Read 767 times)

allie007

Estradiol levels
« on: July 14, 2019, 08:21:34 AM »

Morning all
Would anyone know what an acceptable level of Estradiol level is, and is there something online I can print off for my GP to show him?
After a year of asking to have my bloods checked and last month paying to have them done privately my GP phoned me out of the blue to say that he had spoken to the gyni clinic which I have been referred to and they have told him to do blood tests. Will be checked for Vitamin levels etc too.
Last time I saw him i had done one of those at home tests, estradiol levels came back as over 4000, his reaction was they were "a bit high" and to carry on using my 100 Estradot and pump of gel.
When he phoned a few weeks after that I told him that Id had them done again but privately at Nuffied and they came back at 352 he said that was too high and we should be looking to get them under 300, reducing my hrt and using SSRI's for my mood and sleep!
Anyhoo, getting my bloods done on Wednesday. I thought it was ok to be up as high as 800? Was wondering if that was right?

GJP

Re: Estradiol levels
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »

Morning all
Would anyone know what an acceptable level of Estradiol level is, and is there something online I can print off for my GP to show him?
After a year of asking to have my bloods checked and last month paying to have them done privately my GP phoned me out of the blue to say that he had spoken to the gyni clinic which I have been referred to and they have told him to do blood tests. Will be checked for Vitamin levels etc too.
Last time I saw him i had done one of those at home tests, estradiol levels came back as over 4000, his reaction was they were "a bit high" and to carry on using my 100 Estradot and pump of gel.
When he phoned a few weeks after that I told him that Id had them done again but privately at Nuffied and they came back at 352 he said that was too high and we should be looking to get them under 300, reducing my hrt and using SSRI's for my mood and sleep!
Anyhoo, getting my bloods done on Wednesday. I thought it was ok to be up as high as 800? Was wondering if that was right?

My initial Oestradiol level was 49 after 10 weeks ( last week it was up to 249) which my Dr was quite happy with and I maintain on 3 pumps per day.

She was much more concerned with my Progesterone level which had barely risen on oral Utrogestan and I was still having terrible insomnia.

The conclusion she drew was I was not absorbing it and she has now changed me to Utrogestan vaginally. Just had my 4th night and I understand it is better absorbed vaginally.

She is more bothered about getting the Oestradiol/Progesterone balance right.

Are you on Progesterone?

allie007

Re: Estradiol levels
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 05:10:00 PM »

Hi GJP

Yes, i have a mirena coil, fitted last August