Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patches & swimming  (Read 3052 times)

Nairn

Patches & swimming
« on: June 22, 2019, 12:35:57 PM »

Hi, anyone got any advice for keeping patches on when you swim daily at night, shower after swimming and then shower the next morning ahead of work.   Tried previously but they keep falling off!  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Patches & swimming
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 03:43:47 PM »

Apparently this can be a problem with breast 'fillets' too  ;D - one sees them floating across the pool  :o  ::)

I would suggest micropore over the patch whilst swimming ........

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »

Nairn what patches are using? I'm on Everol and they stick really well as I swim then shower and shower following day as well and they never budge - I even find them hard to get off when they need replacing!!

racjen

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 06:44:10 PM »

I agree with Yorkshire girl - for me removing an Evorel patch is akin to taking off a plaster, it sticks really firm. You might want to look at what you're putting on your skin before the patch, bath oil or lotion will make it more difficult to get it to stick.

Rosie77

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 07:35:55 PM »

Hi Nairn!  Definitely double check your skin prep when changing your patches.  I do not swim, however, I do like my daily soak in the tub.  I change my patch weekly.  After a bath, I clean the area with witch hazel to get the soap residue off, then air dry the area for about 1/2 hour.  Then stick it on.  I put mine on my lower abdomen, so I alternate weekly.  If all else fails stick some bandaids around it  ;)

Nairn

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 07:54:44 PM »

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the advice and tips - I bathe in Bath oil as I have super dry skin so it tends to loosen the adhesive- could be the problem - however even when I don't bathe they come unstuck!  Must be me as I don't use body oil,  it perhaps the witch hazel top might work

Thanks to all x

racjen

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 09:37:43 PM »

I'd say the bath oil is pretty likely to be the problem, worth trying without for a little while as maybe it builds up in the skin.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 03:41:11 PM »

I agree the bath oil is the likely culprit!

Tc

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 06:21:07 PM »

Great tip about the witch hazel. I hadn't heard that one.
I find my estradot patches stay put when wet but the seem to go  wrinkly and it's like air gets under them.
Could you try one of those waterproof dressings over it?

Jools1x

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 07:37:04 AM »

I use tegaderm tape which is 7cm by 7cm self adhesive on top of my patch never have a problem and peels off easily when patch needs changing, you can get on prescription or buy over counter x

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 07:43:46 AM »

Hi, anyone got any advice for keeping patches on when you swim daily at night, shower after swimming and then shower the next morning ahead of work.   Tried previously but they keep falling off!  :)

Don't shower so much!  ::) (or change to gel).

Sticking stuff over them is not a good idea because you can't tell if the patch underneath is properly stuck down unless you keep feeling and pressing....

Hurdity x