Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Refused further prescription for Evorel Conti today  (Read 3939 times)

Katejo

Re: Refused further prescription for Evorel Conti today
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 12:16:19 PM »

Sorry to sound ignorant, but why the sudden shortages of medications and hrt?
What is the reason?
Thanks
The lack of Evorel Conti may be partly due to the complete non availability of Femseven Conti.

Katejo

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2019, 05:24:02 PM »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/hormone-replacement-therapy-uk-shortage-women/amp/

This was published a couple of days ago .

I now have the reason for the refusal. It is due to non availability rather than me requesting it too soon. So many patients have returned to the surgery unable to get their prescription for Evorel Conti that the surgery has stopped issuing the prescription. They have no alternative because Femseven Conti is also unavailable and they don't have another equivalent to prescribe.   :(  They have agreed to let me have the prescription to try other pharmacies. I am about to go and ask at the Boots  near my workplace on my way home. They did have some stock about a month ago.

The Boots near work has none. Pharmacist told me that , even if the manufacturer can supply, a middleman between manufacturer and the pharmacy is blocking supply and only allowing a set amount. Once the pharmacy has had that, no more will be supplied.

Here is my latest update on this. I managed to collect the prescription and tried 2 independent pharmacies near where I live. One had none and no idea when they could get any. The 2nd still had a very small stock so I took advantage of that to get just 16 patches which was all they had left  (24 in prescription). They will hold on to my prescription and let me have the rest if they get any. I have emailed my GP practice just to let them know that I have part of the prescription.

At least I now have enough to cover me on holiday in September and to try full patches for 3 months to see how well they work.

I wonder whether the online pharmacies are still getting stock or not (because they are paying more and charging patients).

Katejo

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 08:02:45 PM »

Your guess is as good as anyone's - it varies with which Pharmacist I speak with; some blame Brexit but they are remainers; others say that it's because the NHS won't pay the manufacturers - others say it's shortage of stock in Mainland Europe.

Here is one reply which I have just received on FB re. availability of Evorel Conti 

I spoke to my Pharmacist a couple of weeks ago and he told me not to worry (I'm using Evorel Conti).. apparently there are shortages, it's made in Germany and the problems are to do with Brexit and the pricing of it...?? but his supplier has it in stock.. so fingers crossed!
Pages: 1 2 [3]