Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Mirena/Estrogel - Fake tan  (Read 5794 times)

Jeana1

Mirena/Estrogel - Fake tan
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:42:11 AM »

Hello

Not sure if I am posting in the right place but I'll give it a go.

So it's getting to that time when I will be wearing shorts and t shirts, I am naturally very pale skinned , not lovely smooth English rose pale.......pure white and blue veins! I do not tan naturally just go red and get ****ly heat so I gave up laying in the sun years ago and prefer the shade. I used to get a spray tan on occasion and also used a self tan moisturiser before starting HRT, I did some searches on the site about fake tans and estrogel and found a few but they were from a while back and a bit mixed, some saying the fake tan can interfere with the estrogel and some saying it seems to cause spotting? I am not vain or anything but a bit of colour on my skin makes me feel a bit more confident wearing shorts/dresses etc, so I just wondered if anyone has experienced with this.

I currently have a mirena and use 3 pumps of gel, I put two pumps on in the morning and one at night, both times i apply it to my inner thighs.

Thank you

Jeana

Dierdre

Re: Mirena/Estrogel - Fake tan
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 10:33:07 AM »

I love having a tan, it makes you feel and look well and I'd definitely have fake if I couldn't get it from the sun. I think you could ask the pharmacist has it's about absorption or just apply somewhere else.

Jeana1

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »

Hi

Yes a bit of colour goes a long way to boost your confidence. I asked the pharmacist, he said it should be ok but didn't really seem to know, not a great help. I put the self tan all over ish my body, mainly legs , arms and shoulders, i could just try and see what happens i suppose.

Jeana

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 11:40:56 AM »

Would it be safe to apply the gel to your lower belly or hips or buttocks, all below the bikini line and dont tan there?

Jeana1

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »

Hi

Might try buttocks first and see if it absorbs , I'd have to hide in the bathroom while it dries  ;D

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:50:30 AM »

Hope it works, afterall that's where most put their patches.

Gracie65

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 10:16:55 AM »

Hi Jeana,

I'm Pale like you and absolutely need my fake tan. I'm just recently back from a cruise and before I went I applied my Estrogel to my inner thighs in the morning as normal and applied tan to all of upper body and next day I reversed it and applied Estrogel to my arms and tan to my lower half. When on holiday I just did it again every few days. I find if I don't rub when I towel dry after a shower and just pat myself dry my tan last's really well too.  I didn't have any breakthrough bleeding doing this. Also I waited a couple of hours after Estrogel application before applying my sun tan lotion. Hope this helps :)

JJ1971

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 04:50:48 PM »

Wow, I wouldn't even have thought of this!

I've been using oestrogel for 5 weeks (inner thighs) and apply skinny tan from tip of knees downot every.couple of days.  Don't think it's made any difference  but am bleeding 5 weeks on from having a coil fitted.