Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HRT or not for HAIR thinning/falling out I willl be 46 this year  (Read 7106 times)

Cacarosa

Re: HRT or not for HAIR thinning/falling out I willl be 46 this year
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2019, 02:52:30 PM »

Much better, thanks. Bleeding only sporadically one or two times a day and not too heavy. Feel less tired now, I've just come back from a short walk (I can walk again, yipee!). I think iron is doing its work. Qlaira hasn't stopped completely the bleedings but it is working even if I'm only in day 10. Everything looks better today :)

About those glaucoma drops, you can use them to grow your brows, those are much more effective for the brows than Minoxidil (I know, tried both). Ah, unluckily lashes go back to what they where once you stop prostaglandines but enjoy your lashes while they stay :)

jaycee

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2019, 06:30:29 PM »

So glad you are feeling better,is Qlaira Birth control pill,or HRT, or maybe an iron supplement ,not sure of your age so apologies if wrong about any,as i have not heard the name before,
Sadly my eyelashes have not grown either, maybe for the same reason my hair is disappearing. but i speak to a lady whose eyelashes have grown so long she has had  to trim them, as they touch her glasses,also i read that the ingredient in those eye drops is being tested for hair growth, like minoxidil
I will be on these drops for a long time,maybe for ever,i dont know
Also almost forgot to say,that lady had hair growing under her eyes and had to wax it away
I will be sure to be very careful, [smile]

It must be nice for you to get some energy back, it is awful to not feel to have any strength for everyday activities

Cacarosa

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2019, 07:00:58 PM »

Qlaira is a new low dose BCP that is prescribed for older women in peri suffering from heavy bleedings. Many of the ladies here take Qlaira and many of them seem very satisfied with its effectiveness stopping heavy bleedings and peri symptoms. Its estrogen is the same used in most HRT so its considered safer than conventional BCP and a bridge to HRT for women still needing contraception and something more controlling than HRT since they still produce their own hormones. It is licensed for non smoking women under 50 but older ladies here still take it without any problems.  I'm 46 :)

Prostaglandines take around three months to work their magic. But yes, they work. I used it for two years and got wonderful lashes. But sadly doesn't last after you stop.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:04:17 PM by Cacarosa »

jaycee

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 10:49:00 PM »

Do you have treatment for your anaemia by the way of pills or transfusions?
I guess it is harder trying to get your iron up than me having iron taken out
Are you working,it must be very difficult trying to cope with work and home etc
I am retired now, i started off hairdressing so have always ooked after my hair, and been proud of the thickness and always kept it in good condition, but always done my own colouring etc
I avoid going to hairdressers if i can, i am hardly ever happy with what i have come out with
I sometimes have a mobile hairdresser come to the house, but only to cut it if needed,i usually do that myself too,
I will carry on putting the eye drops on my eyebrows and see if i can thicken them if not my hair,
I have looked up Lacovin, but the price says 999.9 euros, that sounds very expensive, surely cant be right?

Cacarosa

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2019, 11:10:34 PM »

They administered me IV iron at the hospital and then prescribed me capsules that make my poop black and hard :)

At the moment I am on sick leave fortunately :) I don't think I have the energy to work right now

Lacovin costs around 22€/per flask while the generic drug is around 12€ and double size (two 100ml flasks) I'm afraid you saw an scam link.

I suppose the generic brands should have similar prices there

jaycee

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2019, 08:45:24 AM »

Thanks for that info,i thought it couldn't be right, there are a few places that advertise it, but i suppose i could get my son to get me some, he has got me Retinol before as it is cheaper in Spain
I am sorry you feel so ill, i hope the iron helps soon
Could you take a more gentle iron? maybe not if you need a quick boost
I got some Spatone which is iron water, recommended to me, but i expect yours  from your Dr have to be much stronger
Do you have hildren ,probably grown up now if you have,
I have 4 sons including twins, and a daughter, all left home now of course

Edited,just to say i have found a generic minoxidil, on Amazon called Kirkland ,and yes much cheaper, about £32, for 3 months
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:44:46 PM by jaycee »

Cacarosa

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2019, 04:00:24 PM »

Glad you found it on Amazon. Didn't even know they sold it :)

I'm taking Ferbisol, the maximum dose. Those are retarded liberation capsules to minimize gastrointestinal side effects but it is a lot of iron to process
Guess pretty soon I'll be able to put fridget magnets on my forehead
No, I don't have any children, but my partner's teenager daughter lives with us. My partner, the poor thing has to endure two moody, hormonal women at once and is surrounded by tampons and pads
Really it must be hell

About retinoids, yes, I know many people who come here on holiday and stock up on Retirides. Spanish people do the same when going to Portugal, many people stock up their cold creams
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 04:05:11 PM by Cacarosa »
Pages: 1 2 [3]