Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: wet myself  (Read 6090 times)

juliemargaret

Re: wet myself
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 07:44:26 AM »

Thanks birdy. How are you? Inwas thinking of upping my estro to 2 and a half pumps this morning.....been low..tired sore left breast and bladder been awful ..and soo tired. Still bleeding too..4th in 8 weeks of starting hrt...alternate utro but was ok....just last fee days been poo. Any advice.re.upping my estro see if helps x

Winterose

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 10:16:43 AM »

Had hysterectomy to “cure” prolapse and forward 5 years or so all symptoms back and incontinence issues. So very upsetting. Got an inflataball pessary to help with prolapse and it cured the incontinence issues - not saying this will help you but possibly something to consider along with hrt and excercises.

completely changed my life - didn't want another op due to mesh etc issues. Worked this out from own research .

NRGEE

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 04:48:48 AM »

After a week of frequency and urgency I contacted my GP who asked me to bring a urine sample. urine sample was dipsticked at the practice and showed no urinary infection present. BUT blood was found in the urine. I am not having a withdrawal bleed and no spotting on pantyliner or toilet paper. I have 3 more progesterone tablets in my Femoston 1/10 Pack left to take- so am expecting a bleed next week.
GP has sent sample to lab for further analysis. All the other dipstick tests were normal ( glucose/protein etc)
After looking at reputable google sites- I am worried at some of the causes of haematuria(blood in urine).
Have appointment on Monday with GP

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 07:32:52 AM »

Please don't worry,yes, I know,easier said than done.9 times out of 10 I have traces of blood in my urine when tested and I've had so many examinations done including camera up urethra and nothing,it can just be the slightest of things,including a teeny weeny stone being passed,so please don't think the worst,this has been ongoing for me for 15 years

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 07:50:19 AM »

Samples often show traces of blood.  Good that the sample has been sent away.  Get some VA treatment?

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 10:56:39 AM »

After a week of frequency and urgency I contacted my GP who asked me to bring a urine sample. urine sample was dipsticked at the practice and showed no urinary infection present. BUT blood was found in the urine. I am not having a withdrawal bleed and no spotting on pantyliner or toilet paper. I have 3 more progesterone tablets in my Femoston 1/10 Pack left to take- so am expecting a bleed next week.
GP has sent sample to lab for further analysis. All the other dipstick tests were normal ( glucose/protein etc)
After looking at reputable google sites- I am worried at some of the causes of haematuria(blood in urine).
Have appointment on Monday with GP
I agree with Jaypo on this. I have had microscopic traces for several years. A couple of years ago I had a cystoscopy and then the stress of waiting for a nephrology referral but nothing of concern was found. At that time I didn't know much about VA and the doctors didn't mention it as a cause of haematuria but now suspect that it . I have never had any visible (to me)  blood in urine.

Dipstick tests are unreliable and even the lab tests can fail to detect an infection.

Trufflecat

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »

I was sent to a consultant re bladder issues a few years ago. Generally I was OK but if I left things too long then there were a couple of occasions when I wet myself :-\.  My pelvic floor wasn't too bad when she checked, but her big question was regarding caffeine. I had to give it up completely plus no more fizzy water.... who knew that it is a bladder irritant? Just mentioning this in case you are a big consemer of either of those things.

Sheanie

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 05:42:56 PM »

I don't have this problem. But I presume those who do are taking local oestrogen ie. vaginally? It's supposed to keep everything all tickety boo down there! So far, so good for me..... I'm using an estring and a bit of Ovestin on the outside.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 05:50:30 PM »

Tnx for sharing.

Jari

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 06:05:08 PM »

If you're going down the panty liner route, take a look at Natracare.com as they are plastic free. Better for the planet!

Some other ladies have great advice with the pelvic floor excercises. These work and can do when watching tv or at desk etc. X
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 06:34:50 PM by Jari »

dahliagirl

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019, 08:02:43 PM »

I have this occasionally.  It is not about holding on too long.  I can go from thinking it might be a good idea to go to the loo with no real need to full deluge in two or three minutes.  It started in peri when I was on the pill, not quite getting to the loo in time, during the no pill weeks so definitely hormone related.  Then I had two major accidents - one before starting hrt and the last one before hrt+vagifem.

If I have a problem, then I stop drinking tea and coffee, and drink plenty plain water over a day so that I get a good full bladder (need to be  a day when near a loo  :-X

Sometimes I drink a litre of cranberry juice first which is supposed to be of no help whatsoever, but it seems to help me - cranberry tablets didn't.  If it is psychological, then that is fine by me.

It happened again recently, and I eventually realised that I had not been using my vagifem sufficiently frequently and once this was sorted, I was back to normal.

The trouble with wearing pads etc is that they make you sweaty and irritated which doesn't help and for me the disasters are so infrequent that it is not worth using them.  Same for 'vesicare' - sure that is not worth the side effects.

NRGEE

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »

Lab tests for blood and UTI came back as " normal- no further action required ". I am relieved.
GP thinks it may be psychological( please see my 1st post of what happened) or I may have overactive bladder.
He prescribed a low dose of oxybutynin- to help relax the bladder. So far(its early days) it hasn't helped.
My psychiatrist thinks it is more likely to be a psychological problem and bladder retraining should help.
I am trying to increase the time I go to the loo from every half hour to every 40mins and build up gradually until I am going just once in 3-4hrs.
I can't believe it is all in my head. I told the psychiatrist this. He was v sympathetic( as was my GP) and said the brain is complex.
Just wanted to update you ladies and thank you for your comments on this topic :)

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2019, 02:49:23 PM »

Good news re the blood test etc 😊 please let us know how you get on though trying re train your bladder.my friend had an overactive bladder,she was the same,going for a wee every half hour and up about 5 times through the night,exhausting.anyway,good luck xx

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2019, 03:11:06 PM »

It's a bad habit which can be grown out of ;-).  Put me on the slip road towards a UK Motorway and my bladder shrieks even when I've been B4 travelling  ::).  Then the brain focusses on needing a wee and needing it now! Put me in an unexpected Q of traffic  >:(  ::).

I bought a shewee contraption 3 years ago: it is still in the packet  :D.  Re-training in the day when you are near a loo is a good idea.  A few more moments between each bathroom visit will re-educate the bladder not to be so irritable.  Do drink plenty in the day and don't restrict evening intake as the kidneys will work harder.

Worrying makes the bladder over-active  ::).  Catch 22?

Katejo

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »

Lab tests for blood and UTI came back as " normal- no further action required ". I am relieved.
GP thinks it may be psychological( please see my 1st post of what happened) or I may have overactive bladder.
He prescribed a low dose of oxybutynin- to help relax the bladder. So far(its early days) it hasn't helped.
My psychiatrist thinks it is more likely to be a psychological problem and bladder retraining should help.
I am trying to increase the time I go to the loo from every half hour to every 40mins and build up gradually until I am going just once in 3-4hrs.
I can't believe it is all in my head. I told the psychiatrist this. He was v sympathetic( as was my GP) and said the brain is complex.
Just wanted to update you ladies and thank you for your comments on this topic :)
It may not be in your head at all. Have you read recent articles about the unreliability of urine tests and persistent bladder infections?  This is closely connected to frequently needing the loo. I can post you a link from FB if needed.
Also my night time loo visits have gradually improved/reduced since using Vagifem. I started it with aim of reducing UTI's but improved sleep has been an unexpected by product.
Pages: 1 [2] 3