Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New and hating menopause  (Read 1234 times)

Choc Ice

New and hating menopause
« on: July 09, 2019, 12:42:26 PM »

Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for some time and finally have joined. I think I've been in peri menopause for a few years, but now maybe in menopause, I haven't had a period for about a year. The difficulty is I'm on the mini pill and have been for ages and that really mucked up my periods anyway so having no period is really not indicative of much. But, I am getting awful night sweats, flushes, an almost constant headache, sleeping in afternoon, tired, and really really sore VA, / been avoiding sex( my poor partner).This all came together for me when I had my smear test it was agony, apparently I was really inflamed etc. The nurse suggested I was in menopause and then with our talk all my symptoms seem to fall in place.
So, I got  a drs appointment and am now on Vagifem, and to get Evorel Sequi today ( had to order them).
So far just with the Vagifem I haven't noticed any improvement yet. But this is a horrible journey so far😡

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New and hating menopause
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 12:49:28 PM »

:bighug:  It's The Change - does what it says on the tin  >:(  ::)

Some people find that they require 3-4 weeks nightly 'vagifem' to get relief B4 moving to 'as necessary 4 U' - that is, maybe every night; a few times a week ...... it is a very low dose application to encourage the vagina to plump up.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out  :o

I find that if symptoms niggle I up the 'ovestin' to two doses during the day, then every night as well as pain relief. 

Menopause is literally, the last monthly period.  But there can be gaps between bleeds and they come back  ::)

Choc Ice

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »

Thanks for your reply. It does feel like a rather lonely place to be, neither my sister or mother had any problems with their experience “just sailed thro”, so it's good to get a feeling of being heard and listened to.  I didn't think I was feeling rubbish about it, sort trying to “ tough it out” and not complain, but actually I am feeling rough. So thanks for the support

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »

So now - decide which symptom you would like to ease first?  Don't tough it out ...... symptoms can be awful but can be sorted  ;)

PS - I HATED my periods  :'( :-\

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 05:34:17 PM »

Hi choc ice, it is awful what (some) of us ladies go through. I hope you start to feel the benefit once you start on the everol sequi (I started on that, now on different regime) along with the vagifem. Let us know how you get on. Read up as much as you can, the better informed you are then it helps as you are able to look at your overall lifestyle and see if you can make any tweeks to help with your symptoms as HRT is not a panacea, doesn't take away 100% of the symptoms.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 06:17:57 PM »

Thanks for your reply. It does feel like a rather lonely place to be, neither my sister or mother had any problems with their experience “just sailed thro”, so it's good to get a feeling of being heard and listened to.  I didn't think I was feeling rubbish about it, sort trying to “ tough it out” and not complain, but actually I am feeling rough. So thanks for the support
Do continue with the Vagifem and use the Evorel Sequi. I got a definite improvement with Vagifem (preventing recurrent UTI's and sleeping better because I didn't need the loo in the night). More recently I have started Evorel Conti and that now appears to be making a difference (I say appears because it is very recent).