Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie!... Anyone else use estradot patches with mirena?  (Read 868 times)

horsemadhel

Newbie!... Anyone else use estradot patches with mirena?
« on: July 29, 2019, 03:14:24 PM »

Thanks for the add 😊 I'm 49 now & I was told about 3 years ago I was in peri-menopause due to dropping hormone levels in a blood test. It was quite unnoticeable back then but has gradually become more obvious over the past 12 months - weight gain, feeling emotional, loss of libido, erratic periods, thinning hair at the sides & hot flushes. I can deal with most of them but the flushes are driving me mad! I'm not too bad at night just in the day. At weekend I had a constant surge of them for at least 6 hours. I had to redo my hair twice & really did not feel like going out 😔 I decided just by pure reading to have the mirena back in & the estradot patch. I'm dreading even more weight gain as I'm maid of honour for my sister & have never been as big & uncomfortable as I am now 😕

Tinkerbell

Re: Newbie!... Anyone else use estradot patches with mirena?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 10:23:40 PM »

I have used the Estradot patch, later swopped to Estrogel because of adhesive irritation, with the mirena for the last 3 years and i haven't gained any extra weight.