Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie.....Hi  (Read 1480 times)

Justinfan20

Newbie.....Hi
« on: July 08, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »

Hi all
This is my first post on here as I have only just discovered the forum and joined today.
I wanted to find out if what I am going through is normal as I have no really close female friends who have had the same problems as me. They all seem to sail through menopause and are no longer having any periods.
I am coming up for 52 and up till earlier this year have had very regular periods, every 28 days on the dot.
At the beginning of this year, my periods started getting very heavy, still every 28 days but much heavier and more painful and crampier than I have ever had before.
My periods had just been non eventful previously, no unusual pain and just normal flow.
In February I had a cervical smear which came back clear.
I came on 2 days after my smear which was a few days early. It lasted the normal 7 to 10 days and the my next period wasn't until 62 days after.
When that period ended, I had a very watery discharge every day until my next period which was 52 days later. The discharge was clear and very thin but sometimes was a bit like egg white consistency and a little cloudy on some days.
Then I started to have a thicker bloody discharge and assumed my period was starting again after the 52nd day. On the 3rd day of bloody discharge I started to bleed but not heavily. That lasted for a few days but since then i have had a thick bloody discharge. It is mostly when I pass urine but also at other times so I am having to wear a pad. This has been going on since the middle of June.
Am I normal????  Has any one else out there had this happen to them.  It could be quite normal but I just need to know as I dont want to bother my doctor if it isn't anything unusual
 I dont really have any other menopause symptoms apart from itchy skin. 
My sex drive is nil also. Sorry to be graphic!!
Help!!!! :'(
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:39:57 PM by Justinfan20 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie.....Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 02:45:54 PM »

Sounds within normal limits for menopause from where I'm sitting.  Whether you are normal ;-). "Am I normal?"

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: skin, scalp, deep in the ears, nostrils, eyes, vagina  :o. - we have threads on that 1!

My periods waxed and waned until I realised that they had stopped.  Browse round.  Make notes.  Ask, nowt is taboo on here ;-)

Justinfan20

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 02:53:54 PM »

CLKD, thanks for the quick reply. You are right, What is normal.....lol
Im gonna take your advice and have a nosey around for some advice, hopefully my symptoms wont last too long but I am not holding my breath!!
xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 03:25:49 PM »

Hi Justinfan20

Of course your normal... ;D
Peri meno brings with it all these joys your experiencing, and many more! 😡
Have a look around the site, ask anything you want to know, someone's always on  to help and give support......oh, and....... :welcomemm: xxxx
Glad your on board...x

Justinfan20

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 03:57:39 PM »

Thankyou jillydoll for the warm welcome.
I know im not on my own but it sometimes feels like your going through something different to everyone else.
its good to know that im normal, well fairly normal anyway!!!

Justinfan20

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »

Update since last post!!
Went to docs last Monday (29th July) and explained my symptoms to doc, bleeding non stop for 7 weeks, fatigue, etc......
She sent me for urgent blood test which i had on the Monday evening at the hospital.
Tuesday lunch time I had call from  docs saying I was very anaemic, blood levels were at 67, they should be around 130!
Doc had made me an appointment to come in to surgery to discuss treatment at 3pm that afternoon, so I went to have some lunch with my hubby.
While at lunch I got another phone call from docs telling me to go straight to A and E as they were waiting for me to come in for a transfusion.
Arrived at hospital and had a cannula put in and then another 5 lots of blood taken.
Then put on IV tranexamic acid to try to stop bleeding which made me very sick.
Eventually put onto the CDU and had 2 transfusions overnight.
Next day I was taken for an ultrasound. Had external one and then an internal one and results came back showing that I had a thickened Lining of the endometrium.
Now waiting for a hysteroscopy and biopsy as they want to find out if there is anything "sinister" going on.
So after 3 days spent in CDU, I am now home but not allowed to be left on my own as my blood levels are still only 87. I have just finished taking a course of oral tranexamic acid and am on iron tablets for at least a month.
I am still bleeding although not nearly as much as I was this time last week.
Now I am praying for a good outcome to the biopsy and then I will have to have treatment whichever way it turns out, hopefully the less sinister way!!
Has anyone else been through this?
I feel so alone :(
My thoughts keep going the negative way......I know you should try to be positive but Its so difficult when you dont know whats ahead!!

liz xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 02:34:28 PM »

You're not alone >wave<  :foryou:

Well done the GP  :medal: ...........

Get those feet up, cuppa to hand, afternoon TV on and doze ;-). This too will pass.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 08:02:59 AM »

Hi, sorry you feel so rubbish. Your doc seems on the ball. Most cases of thickened lining are nothing to worry about. The further tests will give you a clearer picture but it's good that they're investigating. Let us know how you get on x

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »

Good luck Justinfan...hope all turns out normal.  Crossing fingers for you.