Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Starting to feel rubbish again!  (Read 1517 times)

catlover68

Starting to feel rubbish again!
« on: July 04, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »

Hi

I came off hrt back in March as I suffered with awful migraines whilst on it. I started a low dose of citalopram for anxiety which has helped a lot. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks the hot flushes are getting worse and the insomnia is also starting again. I'm feeling such heightened anxiety today,dizziness and I'm getting a lot more joint pain. I'm currently taking a menopace tablet and 1000 mgs of starflower oil. I'm just thinking that I'm having to try and do this without hrt as I cannot tolerate it. Anyone else not taking hrt and doing the natural route. Or any good tips please. Thanks

Dotty

Re: Starting to feel rubbish again!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »

Hi which hrt were you taking? x

catlover68

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 04:26:57 PM »

Well I was taking in patch form if I can remember elleste with oestrogen and progesterone but neither agreed with me. I then had a coil fitted in October 2018 and started on elleste solo in tablet form which again I felt awful on. I then started oestrogel in gel form in January which was the worst side effects I've ever experienced. I had a migraine an hour after applying and tightness in my chest along with dizziness and a couple of times I nearly fainted! The doctor suggested I came off it straight away and I immediately felt so much better. It's just the hot and cold flushes that are happening more often and the insomnia that's my main symptoms at the moment x

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 05:38:11 PM »

Hi catlover,I don't nor ever have taken hrt,I've gone through the anxiety,depression,panic attacks etc,was on sertraline for about 3 days but it made me so nauseous I stopped it,I seemed to get over it all slowly but surely,the ladies on here were a great help.
Still get sweats and flushes,I've tried so many things but none seemed to work,I have fans all round the house and in my handbag, I really just take an all in one vitamin for 50years +  a b12 and a cranberry and probiotic,sweats come and go on their own x

sadielouise78

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 01:03:03 PM »

Hi Catlover,

I take Fluoxetine for depression and anxiety and also have sleep problems.  My doctor advised Phenergan to help with sleep.  It's not a sleeping tablet, it's an antihistamine which makes you calmer and more able to sleep.  Have you tried it?  It really does work.

Sarah x

Alicess

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 06:37:20 PM »

Hi Sadie Louis,

I'm not sure if you mean doing something ' natural' can also mean something like a herb? If so, I recently heard of a phytoestrogen herb called Pueraria mirifica which has a very potent estrogenic action. Almost as potent as our own estrogen and some women who don't get along with HRT have had benefits like less hot flushes and better sleep. (and improves vaginal dryness and skin health which is always nice :-) ) 1000 mg seems as potent as 0.625 mg Premarin. Did not use it myself so can't tell you from own experience. You could give it a read;

https://examine.com/supplements/pueraria-mirifica/

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »

Menopause is 'natural' but the symptoms can make us feel very ill.

One has to Bware of photo-ostrogens if one has breast disease I believe?

Hormones can take over in fits and starts  :-\

Which symptom would you like to ease first catlover? Maybe keep a diary to see how you are in the next few weeks?

Alicess

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 06:42:02 AM »

Sorry, wrote the wrong name, should be catlover68.  My fuzzy mind... Some phytoestrogen can have a effect on breast cancer but Pueraria Mirifica
doesn't seem to:
https://smart-publications.com/articles/pueraria-mirifica-eliminate-uncomfortable-menopause-symptoms-naturally/

catlover68

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 07:12:24 PM »

Wow thank you all for taking the time to reply😀

Sadielouise78 I have heard of phenegran so will definitely ask for this at my next docs appt. I do take antihistamine piriton and they do help. I wonder if phenegran is a bit more powerful? The doctor won't prescribe sleeping tablets anymore but I'd rather not take them anyway. Thanks for the tip😀

Jaypo looks like I shall have to grin and bear these symptoms etc and hope they ease of in time. I must admit I don't feel as bad as this time last year so maybe I'm a bit further on. You've given me hope that things do ease off in time thanks😀

Thanks Alicess very interesting link which I shall look into more as looks like this could be helpful😀

CLKD the hot flushes and insomnia are the main symptoms at the moment but I still sometimes suffer with anxiety,awful tiredness and migraines. I have a mirena coil so not sure where I am period wise as I don't get them.

Thanks to you all for your advice. I've just bought some black cohosh so will give that a go. I am wary but will only take for 3 months and see what happens.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 07:24:01 PM »

I think it is for short-time use anyway?  Maybe keep a mood/food/syptom diary?