Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Breast pain  (Read 1127 times)

Mags7

Breast pain
« on: July 02, 2019, 06:59:52 PM »

Hi everyone. Having pain in my left breast, also shoulder and neck pain which comes and goes. My last mammogram last August was normal as they always are. Am nearly 70 so have had a few !. The nurse and the go have examined me and neither can find any lumps although when the gp examined me he really pressed in and that was painful. I was on vagifem a few years ago and had to discontinue it due to pain in the left breast but not the right. The gp is sending me on the two week rule to the breast clinic and organised a shoulder x ray and dexa scan. Also feel dizzy especially when bending over. Has anyone else had these symptoms, feeling quite worried although I know pain is not an immediate sign of cancer. Thanks for reading, sorry it's so long.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast pain
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:28:19 PM »

I had similar a few weeks ago - but I had been busy in our garden as well as lifting bags of bird food and after 3/4 days the soreness went.

How is the atrophy?   In reality treatment shouldn't reach the breast but I was concerned about 'ovestin'  ::).  Is it bad enough to take pain relief, mine wasn't - but I was aware of a soreness which bothered me.

Mags7

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 06:07:54 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I had the shoulder x ray on Saturday and the results not back yet. No news on the breast clinic referral yet and the gp surgery said if heard nothing by Monday to contact them and they will chase. Not had the pain for the last two days but this is what happens. The pain when I was taking vagifem was quite bad , didn't want to be touched and avoided lying on the left side. The atrophy is still there obviously and over the counter remedies don't work but it is what it is.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 03:46:17 PM »

Is it certain that the VA treatment caused the breast pain?

I use 'ovestin' - supposedly these treatments don't get absorbed enough to cause pain  :-\ - once you have the X-ray results you'll be able to decide whether to try again, VA doesn't go away without appropriate treatment ;-)