Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT GEL  (Read 1877 times)

Michellelouise

HRT GEL
« on: June 27, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »

Hello I am new to the forum,  I had a total hysterectomy in June 18 and went straight into surgical menopause. After trying to cope with various alternative products I started HRT gel . As my mother passed away at 42 from breast cancer I was keen to avoid HRT. That been said my moods hot flushes insomnia are a hundred times better since taken the gel HRT.
My question is after 6 months use I have the following side effects
Painful boobs , bloating nausea and headaches.
Does anyone else identify with this
Thanks
Michelle

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: HRT GEL
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 03:31:39 PM »

Hi  michellelouise.  :welcomemm:

Maybe your using too much gel?  Sore boobs is what I get when I've had too much oestrogen, bloating and wind...
Hopefully someone else will post whose on the gel, and can give you more info.
I'm on tablets now, so can't really advise...
Glad it's working though for you....

Jd xx

Michellelouise

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 10:08:29 AM »

Thanks for the replies I'm only take estrodial , but from reading up and advice I think I was over doing it with 2 pumps . Have gone back to one and hopefully will feel better.  I have an appointment  in September with the menopause clinic at Chelsea hospital so I will mention it then . We really need more clinics that offer help and advice for menopause. I have already openly discussed it with my family and colleagues at work as it has such an impact on women's lives . I did make me think how did women manage before HRT or other medication .... x

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 07:53:19 PM »

Michelle Louise

Hi I had total hysterectomy at 35 and went 4 yrs cold turkey no hrt as had no symptoms of menopause but last summer started getting dampness VA so started Estrogen only HRT which was ellleste patch mx40 this didn't suit got bad side effects so swapped to EstroGel 2 pumps however I seem to be very up and down on it one minute depression then aniexty weight gain fluid retention hair loss and now 6 months being on it getting nausea I had sore boobs for 4 months then it went but if I up to 3 pumps I get sore boobs and headaches and my aniexty goes through the roof ! I'm thinking of changing mainly for the hair loss I think it's given me alopecia as I had no hair loss prior to starting EstroGel . Have you experienced any hair loss and if you don't mind me asking how old were you when you had hysterectomy.
Thank you
Sam

Michellelouise

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 04:38:07 PM »

Hi sammiejane

I was 52 when I had my hysterectomy, I'd had fibroids and heavy bleeding for year before Op. my hair has become thinner and I'm noticing it's coming out more .the plus side is that my skin looks better plumper and more glowing. Thanks you for replying it means a lot to be able to ask others about their experiences.
I was hoping that after a year on HRT I would try and come off and my symptoms would of improved. Have you ever tried sertraline . I was on it before my op and it was working It Reduced my flushes and anxiety but I came off it as did it want to be on a anti depressant too long .
Michelle

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 01:52:45 PM »

Hi michellelouise

No I haven't tried that the thing is as I'm only 40 menopause clinic really want me on HRT

I've just had hormone levels checked and back in March my estrogen was 195 and testosterone 0.8 both low

I was told to increase to 3 pumps but couldn't tollerate side effects bloating weight gain constipation tired mood swings hair loss

My levels now are 3/4 months later staying on 2 pumps daily , estrogen 104 and testosterone 0.6 so even lower not sure what this mean but would suggest I'm not obsorbing estrogel or my body is rejecting estrogen , which could explain why last 6 months have been the worst although my mood in last week or so is better and has improved the dampness and VA together with Ovestin , but have gained s stone in weight and lost my hair ?

Any thoughts ?
Sam