Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 973 times)

Libs

« on: July 03, 2019, 12:50:43 PM »

Hi

I am new member, my doctor recommended this site to me and i am glad she did.

I am nearly 44yrs old and periods have been pretty much bang on every 28 days most of my adult life until last couple of months where they have been between 32-28 days and super heavy.

I have been suffering from what i would say is a UTI and general discomfort in that area continually since Nov last year (although tests come back clear) antibiotics do seem to help (which is weird if no infection), she also gave me vagifem used for two weeks every night now twice a week (when i remember). I have been to a urologist and had 6 weeks of Cytostat, which hasn't worked hormone bloods came back normal but she thinks i could be peri menopausal. After reading a few threads on here and looking at main site i think i may have urogenital atrophy i have docs again next week and going to broach this with her.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks  :)

Katejo

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 03:23:51 PM »

Hi Libs

It is possible that the urine tests simply failed to detect the infection. Have a look at the following link. It is possible to have an embedded infection which is dormant so tests fail to find it. The uro-gynaecologist who saw me is included in this site  http://www.chronicutiinfo.com/?fbclid=IwAR1NHFY4-I33hoAsPROvwVGxEiG2zqb2MrABjwQRcQwOb3QUdmYjBKUCiQI
She explained to e that dipstick tests and lab tests are unreliable. Vagifem is definitely worth trying but you may well need to use it more than twice a week. I am using it daily at the moment.

Libs

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:50:37 AM »

Thanks will have a look and defo mention it to docs next week. Just want to feel semi normal again

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 10:54:15 AM »

Thanks will have a look and defo mention it to docs next week. Just want to feel semi normal again
Your symptoms could well be VA rather than an infection. I suggest that you ask to try Vagifem/Estriol first for a few weeks/months. The improvement is usually gradual.