Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New HRT regime  (Read 846 times)

LibbyOsb

• First Flush
New HRT regime
« on: July 16, 2019, 07:05:56 PM »

Hi
I am nearly 3 years post menopausal. I started on Evorel Conti 50 patches last January (for night sweats) and have been bleeding intermittently over the past few months. I had a womb biopsy as the lining was higher than it should be. They also found a small cyst. Results back all clear but they want to check the cyst every 4 months. The consultant said if all clear she would write to docs with suggestion of changing HRT. I went docs today and no letter has been received so was told by the doc to maybe have the Mirena coil and a Estrogen patch or gel but did t give any other suggestion. I don't feel that the doc was really clued up and I don't really want to have a coil fitted (had one in my 30's). I have also stopped bleeding. What are my other choices? I'm thinking of just taking off the conti patch but don't know what to do. Please help. Many thanks in advance.

Dancinggirl

Re: New HRT regime
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 07:52:47 AM »

Hi and welcome to
If you have stopped bleeding then I would just carry on with the HRT you are using. It is quite normal to get some bleeding and spotting in the first 6 months, it should tell you this in the leaflet or the doctors should have told you this.  A slightly thickened lining would cause the bleeding and you may have absorption issues with the patches and this could lead to the lining thickening. You could try separate oestrogen and progesterone  - so oestrogen only gel or patches and either Utrogestan or Provera in pill form for the progesterone part. Look under TREATMENTS on this site to get all the info.

I had the Mirena post menopause, having tried a variety of continuous non bleed HRT regimes, and found it the best option for the progesterone part of HRT.

if you are feeling generally better adn teh bleeding has now stopped then keep going.  DG x

LibbyOsb

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 12:53:39 PM »

Thank you very much for your response. I'm going keep going! 😀😀

Lucyjo

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 07:45:24 PM »

I was on Evorel conti patches for about 4 months and then had a really heavy period out of the blue! My GP told me to stop using the patches immediately. That was end of February. He said wait a couple of months and then go back.
When i went back my blood pressure was high (something i have never had before) so he wouldn't give me any hrt.
I am 56 and just want to take a tablet a day and try to get a life back! Any idea what i should ask for as none of my gps seem keen on giving out hrt. I have burning mouth, hot flushes, night sweats, insomnia, vaginal discomfort, joint pain, anxiety, depression - just to mention a few!! Thanks xx

Lucyjo

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 07:49:48 PM »

Sorry, forgot to ask - does the period I had whilst on the patches, count as a normal period and mean that I can't have continuous hrt??? thanks x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 07:56:52 PM »

Hi Lucyjo you can get breakthrough bleeding in the first 6 months of taking any new hrt, so your doctor was wrong to take you off it.

Prior to going on hrt were you 12 months period free? X

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 08:43:50 PM »

Sorry, forgot to ask - does the period I had whilst on the patches, count as a normal period and mean that I can't have continuous hrt??? thanks x
I am on Evorel Conti and was told that it is normal to have bleeding in the first few months. It hasn't happened yet but I was definitely reassured about it.