Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 5024 times)

Katejo

Re: Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 05:34:45 PM »

Did anyone get groin ache with it?
Yes I get that on the left side. It feels like referred irritation from inside. That is what started a year ago.
I have found that drinking water with bicafb of soda dissolved in it helps to clear that. Just half a small teaspoon of bicarb in a glass of water.

Donnadoobie

Re: Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »

Kimmyi.  This is exactly how I feel.  I am 57 and thought the menopause was a breeze until a couple of months ago.  Interesting that you mentioned bowel problems as I had convinced myself that I had bowel cancer, due to a weird pressure in my bottom, like I need the toilet.  Bowelscope was normal, a few small hemerrhoids but as they said “nothing to worry about”. I have been given antibiotics for BV, without a swab being taken,  swabbed for Thrush all normal, told I have laxity in my vaginal skin and given Cantesten HC for eczema due to vaginal soreness and she said skin was red and dry.

I do not have issues with weak bladder, I run, dance and sneeze without a problem so was surprised with when the GP mentioned laxity.  Feeling so down all the time as I am not sure if the discomfort and soreness is my Vagina, bottom or coccyx!  thoroughly fed up!

Hi Lily,

I had exactly same problems...I am 59 and post menopause...when I was 56 thought hey what is everyone going on about?? I was sailing through this menopause...and then literally one day out of the blue started getting all these horrible symptoms...felt like something had landed into my Poor vagina sorry if tmi...felt like I had this pressure on my bladder and soreness inside...and my bowel felt strange as well...had scans and appointments with gynaecologist...
Vaginal dryness diagnosed...I thought surely not?? How can something like vaginal dryness cause such horrible symptoms...

I now use Vagifem and am on systemic HRT - Timbelone...I still have some bad days but now know that this is all to do with lack of oestrogen...this forum has been a comfort in times of great anxiety  :-\

It's all a big change for us ladies and we need to be well informed but unfortunately it's very hard sometimes to talk about.

Good luck  xx
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:55:59 PM by Donnadoobie »
Pages: 1 [2]