Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Right-sided pain  (Read 1462 times)

jasmine5

Right-sided pain
« on: June 28, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »

Me again......I'm 61 and have been on Hrt for approximately 8 years.  I've tried many kinds over the years but eventually settled on Femseven Conti patches which I used quite happily for a few years and then couldn't get hold of them anymore!  I now take Evorell Conti patches but only change the patch once a week as opposed to twice.  This is in the agreement with the Menopause Clinic.

I've just returned from holiday and whilst away I started experiencing a sharp, stabbing kind of pain which shot up the right side of my vagina.  It's happened a few times over the course of around three days and  at the same time I noticed I had very sore boobs.  I thought I may be having a breakthrough bleed (I've had many in the past and have been extensively investigated), but I've never had this rather painful stabbing pain in my vagina.  Anyway true to form the next day I had a very light brown discharge (hardly anything at all) this lasted about three days and then back to normal. 

Now I have a strange dull ache in the region of my lower, right groin around the ovary area.  I had a large ovarian cyst removed when I was 25 which badly damaged the ovary but no real problems since and I've never been told I have fibroids.  I know I need a Gp appointment but any ideas in the meantime please, as my anxiety and imagination is through the roof at the moment!

Chikabee

Re: Right-sided pain
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 08:20:50 PM »

I hope you were able to find out what was causing the pain. Sorry to see that you did not get a response. I'm coming on here after a long absence.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »

Aren't evorel patches supposed to be changed twice a week? Perhaps it's something to do with fluctuating and presumably reducing levels if you're not getting the same dose as before. Perhaps change them twice a week to see if it makes a difference?

jasmine5

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 10:31:48 AM »

Yes Evorel Conti is supposed to be changed twice a week but I'm under the Menopause Clinic where the Consultant has agreed that it is fine to continue with one patch weekly due to bad breast pain.  She didn't mention that reducing the patch might result in lower right-sided pain so I don't think it's that.  I've recently had tests and an ultrasound scan which is all normal, I'm now waiting for a Colonoscopy.