Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lazy Bowel  (Read 5122 times)

Wrensong

Re: Lazy Bowel
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 06:12:04 AM »

Maxwin, not so much that the figures are confusing, but the way that menopause muddies the picture.  Can just be hard to be sure what's down to thyroid & what menopause.  If your next TFT results make you unsure what's going on, you could post them here & I'm sure one of the hypo ladies will be happy to see what they think.  You can always PM me if it might help to have someone else look at them with you  :)  Or you could maybe go to one of the thyroid forums.
Wx

jaypo

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 08:00:17 AM »

Interesting study on fibre and constipation I came across:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/
Hi saffy,thanks for posting,very interesting,I've always believed high fibre was of no use when you've a lazy bowel or slow transit,as I write this,I've not been to loo since Monday,not that this is unusual for me but in the past,I've eaten more fibre than you can imagine,having to force down all bran topped with bananas,sprinkling bran on food,I'm veggie so eat a high (ish) fibre diet anyway,so when drs etc would say,oh,just eat more fibre I'd be aaaaaaarrghhhhh🤬😡🤬 I CANT physically eat any more fibre.So these days, I just kinda wait for it to happen😏

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 08:43:16 AM »

I have a crossword book by the loo - your reading of choice?

Bananas for energy ;-).  Can you graze on dried fruits and nuts? 

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 09:48:22 AM »

Nut intolerance I'm afraid. I have a banana for breakfast and fresh fruit on cereal for lunch,Thing is clkd,no point on even sitting on loo,I've absolutely no urge to go,don't need,been like that for years though☹️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 11:26:28 AM »

Maybe fast from 8.00-8.00 - liquids only.  Then a light diet for 2 days, i.e. grilled or stir fry chicken with rice.  Then add fruits and veg. to the diet gradually.  My problem is I can eat things for weeks then 'go off' them  ::).  Exercise can also ease bowel movement and 4 me, put me in the M1 and my bowel wants to go and NOW!   >:(

Eggs are binding so too many a week can cause problems.  Oily fish might help move things - freshly cooked mackerel or herrings; tinned pilchards on hot toast?  It's really trial and error  :-\

I find that stopping my ADs, BBs etc. for 24 hours also helps the bowel to relief itself.  Sticking to the same diet but leaving out the medication.

Nearly every day I feel like my bowel needs to open but can sit for ages and nowt happens  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]