Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Vagifem...whats the word on the street/here?  (Read 34638 times)

Katejo

Re: Vagifem...whats the word on the street/here?
« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2019, 09:32:45 PM »

Kate. There is no consistency.

Do you think the vagifem is helping you?
What do you think of the estriol 0.01?

X
The Vagifem has definitely helped me but some weeks it works better than others. Estriol irritated me badly when I used it internally. Possibly helps a bit externally  but too soon to know really.

suzysunday

« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »

It's not good that you have to go through this every month with a prescription!   My ovestin is ok for a year and it takes the stress out of it all.

Hurdity

« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2019, 08:07:54 PM »

Just to clarify - the active ingredient in Ovestin is also estriol but as Tc says is 10 x stronger (0.1%) so the licensed dose is 10 x less than for the generic estriol (0.01 %). They have different composition of fillers too.

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2019, 01:44:27 PM »

Hi guys

Well have now been on estrogel 2 pumps 6 months couldn't tolerate higher dose, due to side effects the worst being alopecia/hair loss.

I had hormone levels checked in March after 3 months and were estrogen 195 and testosterone 0.8 and now having had them tested last week are estrogen 104 and testosterone 0.6

I can't understand why it has gone lower does this mean my body is rejecting the estrogen and is expelling through hair loss ?

I tried a patch prior to this elleste solo mx40 didn't have hair loss but was only on it 6 weeks as gave me heavy arms chest pain breathless ness.

Hysterectomy and ovaries removed at 35 HRT Initiated Dec 2018

Advise welcome please ladies

Also which patch is better estradot or everol in terms of hair loss weight gain ?

I don't want Estraderm as side effect is alopecia !

jaycee

« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2019, 11:01:59 AM »

Cant say which would be better or worse for hair loss /weight gain, but Evoral info gives hair loss as a side effect[possible] i don't want hair loss :( as already have some which i have posted about before
I have only been on Evoral for 2 weeks but now getting headaches i am not usually prone to
My Dr said  HRT should help with hair growth and companies have to say this as possible side effect, doesn't mean there will be any,
I am going to give it a months trial,that is all
Don't know anything about Estrogel

Dierdre

« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »

I need Vagifem every night  TC and the thing I was scared of has happened through the new computerised system (started a thread recently) now getting exact amount as stated on script and greyed out until 1st Sept, cant order when I've ran out as before, been rationed!  Had a bit of a melt down and flare up so now on steroid cream. I've just ordered a box online superdrug in desperation.

jaycee

« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »

You cant get Vagifem? why, do you mean there is a shortage or your Dr wont let you have any? ???

Dierdre

« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2019, 11:52:55 AM »

I've been put on repeat prescription and the new computer system only allows the exact amount prescibed and is greyed out until the exact date I run out.  I was using everyday if needed then ordering when needed more, now im allowed 5 per week so I'm 2 short each week. I know it's only 2 but it has made a difference from being reasonable comfortable to being sore and burning on the 2 days I dont use. So I've ordered online to supplement if needed, dont know what else to do.

Hurdity

« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2019, 09:37:55 AM »

Deidre you should not have to get this privately if it's what you need! Prices from Superdurg are absurd! Re the computerised system - mine won't let me order my repeats before the due date either - but there is a space for a message so if i run out of stuff too early I put a message through (eg patches fallen off etc). However you must go back to your doc and get their agreement to increase your prescription so that the exact amount coincdies with how much you need. If they refuse then ask for a referral because there is provision in the NICE Guidelines to vary from the licensed maintenance dose.

Hurdity x

jaycee

« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2019, 10:08:11 AM »

Sammijane. how long before you noticed hair loss,on the HRT you were on when it first happened,
Yoy said you were on it for 6 months, but how long had you been on it when your hair  first started going?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 04:42:56 PM by jaycee »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2019, 11:31:28 AM »

I go to the Surgery as the computer won't let me in since they up-dated their system  ::)

Never have a query, if it happened I would stamp my feety-bits  ;)

Dierdre

« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2019, 08:05:52 PM »

I hope your  right Hurdity, I will go and see the doctor, this has caused me so much stress. There's so many posts on here with the same fear every time we put in a prescription that we're going to be refused because we're all obviously using more than prescibed and worried the doctor will realise and limit the amount.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2019, 10:24:22 PM »

Eighteen months ago i got told by my named GP that i had exceeded my Vagifem quota and he wouldn't prescribe anymore for three months, i dread to think what state my VA without continued treatment.
I promptly made another appointment with a GP who always takes time to listen, he said he was happy to describe what i felt i needed, i recently had a HRT review so made sure i waited until i could get an appointment with him and again he was happy to continue prescribing daily Vagifem, i shall dread the day he retires!

jaycee

« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2019, 10:34:46 PM »

It is sometimes best to try a different Dr if you are not happy with the one you usually see,
All Drs seem to have different views on things
Glad you found a better thinking Dr Tinkerbell

suzysunday

« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2019, 05:29:11 PM »

I am absolutely appalled that your GP refused vagifem for 3 months because of your "quota" .  I really am speechless with indignation!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]