Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help/advice needed please  (Read 833 times)

mabel64

Help/advice needed please
« on: June 27, 2019, 06:12:38 PM »

I'm currently struggling with extreme depression. This is something I've had for most of my reproductive years and it has got worse during menopause. I've been on antidepressants forever and was taking femiston 2/10. I still felt depressed on them. I've just been prescribed oestrogen and utrogestan which I've been using for the last couple of days, however I feel like my mood is getting even lower, I'm barely eating and don't want to do anything-so I'm at home with my thoughts taking me to some very dark places.

I'm wondering if I should stop the hrt. Or carry on and hope things balance out. Has anyone had experience if becoming more depressed on this regime? It's frightening me to be honest

Jules53

Re: Help/advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »

Hi Mabel64

So sorry you are suffering. I have just had to stop Utrogestan as it was making me feel down and more anxious. I tried Oestrogel but it made me itch and have been using the Evorel 50 patches for Oestrogen but I'm stopping that too as I will have to find another progesterone.

I was on Femseven Conti patches, which suited me, but they discontinued them last year😢. If you are feeling so depressed, please let your GP know as soon as possible. I really feel for you as I have ot myself in a mess with HRT.  Hopefully, one of the more knowledgeable ladies will be along soon to help you.

Take care x