Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogel  (Read 5366 times)

Pippa52

Re: Oestrogel
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2022, 02:42:22 PM »

Thanks Pippa52 , so far the gel and provera combo is working after trying all different HRT in the last 3 years. It is early days but the night sweats are gone, the anxiety went but unfortunately returned as I had covid 2 weeks ago and somehow it has returned in the morning along with stomach issues. I feel 10 times better than 2 months ago though.

Oh that's great I am so pleased it is working well for you :) .  The gel seems to be the only one that works for me personally but everyone suits different things of course .... having been swopped around to all the other methods during the shortages I will be sticking to the gel now!  I understand Covid can unfortunately mess with our hormones too for a while I have seen other ladies posting on here saying the same.  Hopefully it will all calm down for you soon and I so hope you are feeling better from the dreaded Covid xxxx

Cassie

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2022, 03:06:38 PM »

I have been using the gel for over 15 yrs and  have always rubbed it in till it dries. I only use 1 pump so maybe thats why it dries so quickly. I also have never washed my hands I do it at night in bed and fall asleep but it seems to work as I have not had any symptoms. Perhaps using more is different. I read a while ago that one is supposed to wash ones hand but I couldnt be bothered getting out of bed again esp in Winter there really doesnt seem to be any residual left on my hand or inner leg. I rotate between legs, have never applied it anywhere else on my body.  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2022, 06:36:19 PM »

I think hand washing is more important if you might contaminate someone else. Not ideal to transfer it to hubby (unless he wants breasts  ;)) and pets can get alopecia from it.

Cassie

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2022, 03:24:12 PM »

Fortunately that is no longer an issue for me, but he did have breasts through no fault of the oestrogel, just too lazy to exercise :-\
Pages: 1 [2]