Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Fluffy head  (Read 852 times)

Gusgus

Fluffy head
« on: June 30, 2019, 10:13:35 AM »

Morning Ladies. I would like to ask your definition of fluffy.... Foggy head.
This by far has been my worse symptom of the menopause. Yes, I get the odd doing silly things. Last one was putting the empty cardboard middle of the loo roll onto the toilet flush handle    ;D  but it's the feeling of a hangover or jet lag without much/or no  drink or the holiday!!! It lasts all day and sometimes gives me a bad night of interrupted sleep the night before I get it.
I am now 3 months off hrt as I wanted to see where I was on my own. So far no bleeds and only a few hot flushes. I am on a low dose antidepressant as my lack of sleep and anxiety were through the roof, but it so  much improved. Also I am on estriol for VA and again improved. Whether on hrt, off antidepressants I still get it now and again.
Your thoughts would be appreciated and thank you for reading.
Gusgus

Gusgus

Re: Fluffy head
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 10:32:52 AM »

I'm not sure as I started hrt before I had gone 12 months without bleeds. That's why I decided to quit hrt. To see where I was. Im 54 and last fsh reading was 32 and Doctor said I was post!

Gusgus

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »

Thank you for replying. Yes it's horrible. I work with young girls and they take the mickey when I forget or do something silly. I try and laugh it off, but it's not nice. I avoid social gatherings most of the times. Sending you hugs. Take care.

purplebee

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 11:10:46 AM »

I am having exactly the same problems with a foggy head and tiredness even my eyes get sore and took my patch off on Thursday just to see how I would feel, so far exactly the same! I can't seem to concentrate and am forgetful.. I primarily started HRT when I was 53 because of the flushing and awful night sweats (which I still get at 68 yrs) I am taking a Vit D supplement and I'm not anaemic.. If the dreaded sweats return over the next few days I will have to start my patch again.. I'm a Grandmother now (she's 18 months old and a live wire, bless her!) so I need to feel well and energetic to help look after her... does anyone know if HRT stops working after a certain amount of timer? oh, the joys of menopause! ..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 12:51:00 PM »

I take anti-depressant medication, BBs and I have a hung-over feeling most days but 4 me it's better than the depression.

R U hydrated enough?

purplebee

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 01:26:32 PM »

Thanks for your reply Birdy.. This really is  a minefield.. Do you know if HRT (Evorel conti) can cause the tiredness/brain fog? this is what I am trying to figure out. I know I'm not going to feel better yet (early days..) but my thinking is if I do start to perk up over the next couple of weeks then It may be the HRT.. Trial and error I guess. If it turns out the other way then I will just have to face the consequences of messing with it and soldier on. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »

I'll bump our doing stupid things thread ;-)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 05:12:22 PM by CLKD »

purplebee

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »

I don't know if this is relevant, but I'm getting small outbreaks of spots (i very rarely get them) and my hair is getting greasy quicker than usual?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »

Sounds about 'normal'  >:(  ::) HORMONES  :-X

Foxylady

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 05:18:06 PM »

Gusgus, I know what you mean about fuffy head/brain fog. I changed jobs and was studying for a year when my symptoms really kicked in, at first thought it was stress to do with all the studying. Generally felt overwhelmed, lacking concentration, difficulty retaining information, unable to spell (was always a good speller) and finding difficulty getting my words mid conversation. It's a nightmare & really worrying at first until you are reassured by the likes of this forum that it is a normal hormonal symptom. Doesn't make it any less frustrating/embarassing though.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 05:20:41 PM »

Some mornings I wake not knowing what day it might be  :-\
I can't remember words, names of items, what I did yesterday ...... without lists there would be no hope! then I forget the lists  ::)

Foxylady

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »

Yes I have a list on my desk at work, couldn't function without it & the post it notes dotted about!!