Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Birth control pill instead of HRT  (Read 630 times)

Nicola Madonna

Birth control pill instead of HRT
« on: April 30, 2021, 08:59:13 PM »

I was on HRT for a year. It was great however I then started to get severe breast pain. Doc said because I was still producing enough estrogen ( I am 45 - perimenousal) so I don’t want to take HRT Afro a while, doc said maybe I should try the birth control pill instead... what do you think.

Gilla999

Re: Birth control pill instead of HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 05:44:16 AM »

Hi Nicola - there's a whole long thread on this topic called "GP has prescribed Qlaira...". It's very long but it's worth having a skim through as a lot of ladies found themselves in this position (though not for the same reason - it was because HRT wasn't suppressing their original symptoms).

I'm a bit confused by what your doc has told you though - as far as I'm aware it's unusual for your body to just suddenly start producing more estrogen when you've been on HRT for a year. I say this as a fellow sufferer of boob related estrogen symptoms. If you're in peri menopause then I'd expect you'd experience those symptoms at the start of taking HRT (as you add in additional estrogen) but then for it to settle. Can I ask what dose of HRT you're on and what made you start HRT or think you were in peri menopause originally? x